Friday, February 05, 2010

Wow. That Wasn't Funny

Last night Maddie, for some unknown and ridiculous reason, decided to jump ON me while I was sleeping. I sleep on my side and roll towards my stomach so it was my back she landed on. Full force.

There is nothing like being woken up with searing pain all over your body and not being able to figure out what just happened. I would imagine it's sort of what being struck by lightning must feel like. Not that I have first hand knowledge.

Maddie must have hit my syrinx dead center because she set off every single nerve in my body. And I will thank her to NEVER EVER EVER do it again.

I will be relieved when Dakota has a place to call home and takes the dogs. Really, really relieved.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think you need to do something now about that dog. How about closing doors to bedrooms or putting up a gate so that she can't leave the kitchen or living room or where ever you choose. There will be some whining and barking, but I'm sure she will adjust. That big of a dog could easily do serious damange to your back. They sell "baby" gates that you can hook together to create any size you want. We don't like crating our two during the day when we are both at work, so we have gotten 3 of these gates and snapped them together so that they have the full run of the kitchen and breakfast nook, but can't get anywhere else in the house. Just a thought, if you get a job, will you let them run free all day in the house?
Lynn

Casey said...

Maddie is crated during the day when no one is home. At night we have never crated her. I'm not sure I have the heart to crate her at night. She is such a snuggly dog I just don't know what possessed her last night.

Lynilu said...

Wow, that must have be awful! I hope you're not having any lingering pain through today. Take it easy on yourself today.

Non-Offending Parent said...

Maybe have snuggle time while you watch TV and then leave them in the kitchen or something? Not necessarily crated. What happened last night was dangerous and they are interupting your sleep and that of the kids pretty much nightly. She can get her snuggles at other times. Really. And I like big dogs, but this has gotten ridiculous.

sally said...

OH Casey, and you with all your back problems, so sorry. Time for a gate across a room where they are kept at night?