Tuesday, February 02, 2010

A whole lot of nothing

A new day and we are off and running. I've had several texts back and forth with Dakota as we talked over a few things and I have to say, I'm enjoying this new level of getting along. Things are going ok...bumps along the way here and there but overall, ok. I'm luckier than most in that I trust her when it comes to the kids and she trusts me with them and, in the end, that is the most important thing is all of this....the kids.

I have no idea where this post is going to go so just sit back and enjoy the ride to crazy town. My thoughts have no rhyme or reason to them this morning...which I guess makes that not a whole lot different from any other day. :)

The sun is out this morning. It's nice to see even though I know it is supposed to be fleeting.

Wow - I seriously have no clue what to write about.

Yesterday I went out and picked up a couple little things for the kids for Valentines Day and then I texted Dakota to ask if we should have them get something for each other us or just let it be a day all about loving them this year. She thoughts letting it be about them was the way to go and I agree. It will be her weekend with them and it feels a little weird to miss a holiday with them but I guess it's just one of those things I'll need to get used to. It's going to happen.

Ok - this is painful to try to write so I guess I will just hit post and hope that something much deeper, or at least entertaining, comes to mind soon.

Hope ya'll have a good day.

3 comments:

sally said...

Casey, I have moved holidays when my kids where younger, so we had our own special holiday version-a bonus for them I told them. And, it worked for my benefit also.




sallysramble.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It is hard not to have them around on a holiday. But you are strong and I know that you can get through this. Eventually it will get a little easier. Try to plan something wonderful for yourself during their time of absence. How about springing for a massage or petticure for yourself on Valentine's Day. And know, that even if you can't be with them, the still love you very much. Remember also, that kids of divorced parents get to have twice as many holidays as everyone else. One with each parent and then sometimes one with each set of grandparents.

Sending Love to all
Lynn

Casey said...

Luckily, Valentines Day was never a huge deal for us so I am ok having it be the first of the holidays that I will not be with them. I have their goody bags ready to go and I will have Dakota give them to them during the day. I know they love me and they know I love them.

And really? Dakota and I have talked and if the holiday is important for the person who is not scheduled to be with them (or important for the kids and they want us both there) then both parents will be there.

Like Easter - I think we are both planning to spend Easter morning with them. And birthday. Even though technically both kids birthdays fall on "my" day this year, Dakota will be with us to go out to their special birthday dinner.

Like I said - it's about the kids and keeping their lives happy and full and secure.