Monday, February 01, 2010

Restless and Random

I'm restless tonight. I can't sit still and I can focus and I'm pretty sure being over tired isn't the reason but what do I know? Maybe I'm so beyond tired that I don't even recognize how tired I am. But I think there is more to it than that.

But what? That's the question.

So until I can figure it out, I'll just entertain you with random thoughts and tidbits.

I got my hair cut today and well....let's just remember that the difference between a too short hair cut and a perfect one is about two weeks so I'm pretty sure that in two weeks I will like it. :) It's not bad..it's just shorter than I expected. It'll be fine and maybe it's supposed to be this way for now. And, looking on the bright side, I probably won't have a case of "morning hair" going on for the next little while.

See? who says I can only see the glass as half-empty? :)

My friend, Delly, called this afternoon and it was so, so, so good to talk with her. I haven't talked with her since early December and I was still a pretty good mess so today when we talked she was happy to hear "the old Casey" back in my voice (and no, that wasn't a play on my age. Sheeeesh!). Having someone who knew you from way back has a way of grounding you. Back when we talked in December she reminded me of the kind of person I have always been - strong enough to handle anything (and various other things that made me feel good) and you know, even though I didn't believe her in the least when she was telling me, it helped to hear and to be reminded of who I was before. Her words have come back to me many times over the past two months and they have done me a world of good. Everyone should have a friend who will remind them of how strong they are when they are feeling their weakest and who will celebrate with them when they are feeling strong again.

She is exactly right - I am strong enough to handle anything.

And on that note, it's time to put the munchkins to bed.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

good friends are awesome. glad you have support.