Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Wednesday

Right now my sister is on her way to the airport to fly to Hawaii for two weeks. They go just about every other year and the timing is always the first part of February. How do I know this? They are usually gone over Kaylen's birthday. They were, in fact, there the day Kaylen was born. I called her on the beach that day to tell her of Kaylen's arrival and all the drama that came along with it. Because she knew the time Kaylen was due to arrive (she was a repeat c-section) she was freaking out a bit when it was hours and hours later when I called. In fact, we were so busy making sure she would be ok that even Dakota's family didn't get to meet her until the evening hours (she was born in the morning) and we completely forgot to call some of our friends. Dakota's family didn't even know Kaylen's name until mid-afternoon because I had forgotten to tell them (and we had kept it a secret until the day she was born. Everyone knew she was a girl but we kept the name quiet. It was fun to watch people go crazy trying to guess and I remember it was Moms Night Out for my Moms Club and phone calls where flying as word of the name spread. Quite amusing.)

This time my sister will be in Hawaii when Kaylen turns five so I'm sure the birthday call will be accompanied by the sounds of the waves hitting the sand.

Oh how I wish I was there, too. Lannon even invited me to join them for a weekend but it seems a bit spendy to fly over for a weekend so I reluctantly declined. Well that- and I would have to figure out summer clothes to wear. :)

So while I sit here in my corner of the world watching the rain falling, my sister will spend the better part of a day on a plane and then land in paradise. I'm a bit jealous.

Last night Dakota was here with the kids so I took off for 3 hours and hung out with a friend of mine and her two kids. Those kids never fail to make me laugh and last night was no exception. Her son has the best laugh I have ever heard and it's so contagious that I couldn't help but laugh. I love that I have friends who will take me in for a few hours so I can get out of the house and let the kids and Dakota have their time together. It's better for all of us that way.

I'm tired this morning. It was one of those mornings when I could have slept for a while more however Maddie was having no part of that. Apparently she thinks it's breakfast and outside time at 5am. Ugh. I know it's always been her schedule and all but sheesh. If there is a people saying that says "Let sleeping dogs lie." shouldn't there be a dog saying about letting sleeping people sleep? I'm just sayin'. And where are the dogs now? Well after a nice filling breakfast and a trip outside, they are both cuddled up ON MY BED sleeping. Of course.

Hmmmm.......I wonder what the day ahead will bring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a little jealous on this end too! They called from the airport this morning to talk to the kids. Ahhhhh..........to be at the beach! Hope all is well!
Rachel