Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday, Blue Sky and Stability

That pretty much sums it up for this moment in time. I had several good chats with a couple people (Thanks L, N and D) last night and a decent nights sleep and woke up feeling better than I have all week. I don't feel as emotionally unstable today which is a pretty amazing feeling and one I think we all take for granted until the sand shifts beneath our feet and we don't have it.

Kelton seems to be working hard with his writing which gives me hope that this will all come together. His speech therapist caught me at school yesterday while I was working on Book Fair stuff and we had a good conversation which gives me hope as well. I talked with his kindergarten teacher (who I've really gotten to know through PTO stuff)and she admitted that she tried to have him evaluated in kindergarten but was told it was developmental and that he would outgrow it - so that is why she told me what she did back then. She had a feeling it would cause him trouble down the road and is happy to know he is getting help. She reassured me that he is an exceptionally bright child and it will all come together for him. All the right things for a mommy on the edge to hear.

Dakota and I have been communicating a lot this week which has been really good. She brings some good perspectives to the table and I can only hope I do for her as well when she needs it. It's nice to be there for each other in this new way.

I have other things going on that just feel better today. Much, much better. Some day I will share it all but for now, that's all you are going to get. :)

Nothing new on the job front which I try hard not to freak out about. As I kept hearing last night: Life has a way of working itself out. It always does.

I just need to hang on to that when the sand starts to shift.


It's going to be a great day!

2 comments:

Dakota said...

Glad you are feeling better today! It is nice to be relating to each other in a new way and to be there for each other when we each need it!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Tanya said...

Glad today is looking up. I know things with Kelton will work out just fine. I've come to the conclusion that each child has at least one unique "issue" they (we) have to deal with, but once you figure it out (which you seem to have done) then it is easier to work on with them. I hope a job comes your way soon.