Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Clowning Around



My daughter, the clown.

I cannot believe that tomorrow she will be five. Five years ago today we were scrambling around getting last minute things taken care of (she was a repeat c-section so we knew when she would be born). Kelton was 2.5 years old. Time flies so fast.

Things with me are good. The world has righted itself and I am trying to put all the pieces together to make a good life for the kids and I. At the beginning one of my biggest things was being alone in the house at night. As it turns out - it is no big deal. I guess years of being alone, except overnight for the most part, gave me good experience. It's not weird to be here alone (well.....as the only adult) and the truth is, I find it peaceful.

I have a job interview this evening, which I am excited about. Not so much about the job itself (though it would be great to have it offered) but just that there is forward motion in my life. I feel like I was stuck in the muck for so long that moving forward feels amazingly good. Taking control and trying to find my own way is good. Not always easy - but good.

9 comments:

Mimi said...

Good luck to you on the job front.....and I am glad you are starting to come out of the fog.....good job......

Zach said...

She is SO CUTE!!! What a little stinker. : )

Good luck at the job interview; I'm so happy to hear that things are going well right now.

Lynilu said...

Cute picture of Kaylen!

I understand about being alone in the house. It took me a little while, but once it was in place, I found a peace in it. Especially where I live, this was a big hurdle, as my neighbors are not close. I've really learned to love the quiet and calm of nights, and especially being uninterrupted. Nice.

Good luck on the interview! That is exciting, for sure!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I know it will all work out! Glad to hear things are moving along :o)

Heidi

yankeegirl said...

Good luck on your interview!! Way to make progress :)

sally said...

You go Casey! Be the real you for your interview-I am sure they will see a potential good employee. And if this job isn't right for you, it is good experience.

Elizabeth said...

I second good luck with the interview! I'm glad you are starting to feel like life is good again. I have no doubt that the life you provide the kids will be awesome and they are very lucky to have you as their mom. Single parenting has its moments, but over all it really isn't that bad of a life for you or your kids.
elizabeth

Shannon said...

Happy birthday Kaylen!

Good luck with the job interview!

hackwife said...

Yay good luck!