Monday, March 19, 2007

Was That The Weekend That Just Flew By?

Holy moley - time sure can fly. I swear I turned around twice and the next thing I knew it was Monday. No wonder I feel all dizzy and disoriented. I'm just *thinking* it is the cold I (and both kids) managed to come down with this weekend.

Friday started off with a bang! The cleaning crew was scheduled to be here so the kids and I took off and headed to the daily play time session that is held at the local community center. A new moms group that I joined was having a meet-up time there so I threw on my brave face and went. I even introduced myself to a few of the moms (there were non-affiliated moms there as well) which, if you know me in real life, is quite the feat for me. Until I get to know someone, I'm usually quite shy.

The kids grew tired of all the fun about an hour into it so we headed home. The cleaning crew was gone - which is always a good thing! :) We had a regular afternoon while we waiting for Dakota to be done studying so she could come home. Once Dakota was home, we drove downtown so we could have our Wills and whatnot notarized at our credit union. (YIPPIE! They are DONE!). After we finished there Dakota and I decided to take the kids to dinner at our favorite place; Beaches. We rarely take the kids there - it's usually the place we like to go alone. The best part for the kids is that right next to the building there is a giant sand area in which they could play. We walked through it and walked over to look at the river and then went inside to eat with promises of coming back to play after dinner.

The kids were great! Kelton was probably the best he has ever been in a restaurant and Kaylen...well she was two. :) Usually we have Kelton trying to join into the 2 year old antics but this time he didn't and I was so proud of him! Such a big boy he is growing to be.

When you order the kids meals the waitress will come by after you have finished eating and take the kids on a "tour" which includes a stop at the toy chest to pick a toy (Kelton picked a rubber bouncing thingy and Kaylen picked a small rubber duck. She is our little duck lover to be sure.) and then to the ice cream bar where they get to pick the flavor ice cream and the toppings they would like. Talk about heaven for kids! Kaylen went willingly with the waitress which was a shock to both of us. She, of course, probably wouldn't have gone if her beloved big brother wasn't with her.

After dinner, we made good on our promise and went back to the sand area. Oh my gosh - they played there for a good 90 minutes and it was really great (except for when Kelton got sand in his eyes and screamed bloody murder until we were able to wash it out with the water from the car). It had been a beautiful day and the evening was just as wonderful. I couldn't believe it was bedtime by the time we got back home.



Saturday we decided we would finally take the kids to the new community center to go swimming. It's been there for more than a year now but this is the first time we've swam there. It was a lot of fun and it made me wish that I had a waterproof camera. There were some good photos to be had. After swimming we went to IHOP for lunch and then back home. Dakota was supposed to mow the lawn but when she went to start the mower, it didn't want to start. This sucks on so many levels but what can you do? We have the mower guy coming to fix it next week.

I did a little yard stuff, took the kids on a short walk/bike ride and then settled in to play my newest addiction: Toontown On-line. It's Kelton's game, really but man oh man - I have gotten so hooked on it. A real oddity for me since I am not one to like video or computer games. But this game is seriously fun (and I learned I have a bit of a competitive streak. I was playing against another toon character on a specific game when I said something to the effect of "Take that you loser!". Dakota was quick to remind me that I was probably playing against a 6 year old. Ooops! :) I need to get a grip.) Kelton and I played for hours and hours this weekend and I have the mouse finger and sore arm to show for it. Not to mention I think I have eye strain from staring at the computer screen for so long.

Sunday I got my hair cut and we all ran a few errands. Then we settled back in at home. While I balanced the checkbook (yuck!) Dakota got busy tightening up the connections on the play structure. Since it was so cold and wet when she built it, we knew they weren't as snug as they could be. Kaylen helped. I ran the camera out to Dakota and she was able to get some pretty cute pictures and a really great video.



Today we had a morning playdate with Declan and his mom. When she called Sunday night I gave fair warning the kids and I had colds but she was ok with braving our germs and coming over anyway. Kelton was out of sorts so he kept to himself a lot of the time so it was a quiet playdate which gave Declam's mom and I a chance to really talk. Always nice to be able to talk with the other mom instead of spending most of the time managing conflicts and finding new things to keep the little ones busy.

The rest of the day was low key. You could tell the three of us were running on a low energy level. Needless to say, sleep was quickly achieved for both the kids. So here is where I will end so I can go play in Toontown. But before I go, I will leave you with this video of The World's Cutest Fit-It Girl:


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

9 comments:

Kristen said...

Sounds like a great weekend! We had one of those here, too. Sorry about the colds, but everything else sounds really awesome.

Holly said...

Wow - the pictures look wonderful! What a great weekend!
Seeing them playing outside is giving me hope that we will have snow-free ground here soon!

Monogram Queen said...

Awww sounds like a WONDERFUL week-end. I love reading how you relate and take care of your kids Casey. If I were a kid i'd love to have you and Dakota as my Mom's! You are both so nurturing and ... FUN!

Shannon said...

Awesome weekend and wonderful photos!

Sonya said...

What a helper!!! Way cute video.

Casey said...

Kristen: Glad you guys had a good weekend too!

Holly: Spring is here! Happy first day of spring to you. :) The snow will be gone soon.

SeasonalKat: The video totally cracks me up. She is so cute and every conversation with her is like that. She's our little chatter box to be sure.

Patti_Cake: Thank you. Really. That was very sweet of you to say.

Shannon: Thanks. :)

Sonya: Thank you! :)

Dakota said...

She is SO adorable! Even if I am biased, I am still right! She is quite the little helper, and can hold her own in almost any conversation these days. Hard to believe she is only 23-months-old!
-D

Casey said...

Dakota: No offense honey but what are they teaching you in that school of yours? She was 24 months old Feb 10th. That makes her 25 months. :) But you're right - she is adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

hehehehe Casey - Toontown On-line :P