Thursday, March 08, 2007

Kelton's Birthday Gift



I am so going to rock Kelton's birthday. He is going to be off the wall excited and I can't wait until he opens his gift from us. Clearly it will have to be the last one he opens because everything will come to a screeching halt.

Last week, while we were at his buddy Declan's house for a playdate, he fell head over heels for Declan's Game Boy. I watched him for a bit while he played and you should have seen him - he was thrilled and so proud of himself that he was able to play it. For days after all I heard was "Mom? Do you think I could have a Game Boy like Declan's?" "Mom? Know what I want to do today? Go get a Game Boy!" "Mom! Can you pleeeeeeeeeeeeease get me a Game Boy?"

So I talked with Dakota and we agreed that we'd get him one as a birthday gift. I went on-line and started pricing them and we could get a new one for about $80. Then of course we'd have to get games. Declan's mom told me where a good place to get used games for cheap. Ok - so for about $120 we could get one or two games and the Game Boy. Not cheap but it would be his only gift from us (usually he would get two things) and we knew it would make him over the moon happy.

I figured I would sneak out and try to get things this weekend. But then, by chance, I was talking with Declan's mom this morning and she mentioned that she was going to be selling Declan's (practically new) Game Boy since she just bought him a new game set up (don't ask me for specifics because I'm a complete loser when it comes to video games, etc.). I jumped. I asked her to figure out what she would sell it, and the games, for and to let me know. The upshot is I got the Game Boy, its case and charging cord PLUS 6 games for $90. SCORE!!

We went over for a playdate this afternoon and all the way there he talked about how much fun the Game Boy was and did I think Declan would let him play it today. He did get to play it but then....hidden inside my purse, it all come home with us! :)

I'm so excited!!!! My little guy is going to have his dream come true in just a few weeks. I love being able to fullfill his dreams. I just love it! :)

10 comments:

Caroline said...

You rock Casey!!!! I know Kelton is going to be so excited and you will probably have a hard time getting him to do anything else for a long time once he opens his present. You are such a good Mom!!!!

Dee said...

How fun!! He's going to be SOO happy. You might have fun playing with it yourself!

Monogram Queen said...

Awww I love this! You and Declan's Mom both benefited from this (and of course Kelton). So happy and you'd better have somebody snap a pic of his little excited self when he sees it!

Holly said...

How very cool! He is going to be so thrilled when he opens it!!!!!

Casey said...

Caroline: Thanks. I think I rock, too. :)

Dee: Probably not so much me. I've never gotten into video games and stuff. I bet Dakota will be seen playing it once or twice though. :)

Patti_Cake: Pictures? Me? Take pictures? Surely you're joking. LOL!!! Pictures galore. I promise! :)

Holly: He really will be thrilled. I can't wait!

em1__mak2 said...

Super cool!!! A big score at Christmas and his birthday. I love being able to get just that thing they really want.

M is very excited knowing he's getting the next size up bike and he's been very clear that he expects more wooden blocks and a "forklift with the fork in the front", but yesterday he added he'd also really like a cash register. At least he didn't ask for the cash to go in it.

Mel

Brenda said...

You scored big time there! Kelton is going to be THRILLED!!! :o)

Laura said...

Wow, you did great Casey!!! I can just imagine how thrilled Kelton is going to be.

Perrin said...

Great job shopping! That's the way to go. I'm sure Kelton will be over the moon.

Froggymama said...

Ohh fun! I'm sure he'll remember this present forever.