Thursday, March 08, 2007

Checking In on the To Do List

It's been a week since I posted my endless To Do list so I thought this would be a good time for a reality check to see how things are coming along.

Done List
I have a birthday gift to wrap, another gift to wrap and ship and a third that still needs to be bought before it can be wrapped and shipped. Oh - and then there is still another gift that I need to buy for the end of the month that will be hand delivered.

I have a throw rug at the back slider that has become quite muddy from the constant ins and outs of dogs and kids. Oh - and I have a few pair of shoes and boots in varying sizes that need to be cleaned, too.

There are bath toys that need to be gone through and sorted out.

I need to do some serious blog maintenance. My blog roll is completely out of date and I feel guilty each time I see it. **Let me know if you don't see yourself and you'd like to. I'd be happy to add you. :)

I need to start shopping for Kelton's birthday. WAHOO!!! See next post.

I need to have Dakota clean the carpets before they drive me batty (again with the mud, kids and pets)

I need to change the sheets on all the beds.

Seven items taken care of - at least short term.

In progress
I need to redo my will.

I need to be sure guardianship papers for Kaylen are completed and that Kelton's are updated.

Two items in progress.

Not Done List
Copy and paste my blog posts into a Word document to save for the kids: But I think about it constantly. I think I get credit there. :)

I have a kitchen floor that is in desperate need of a good ol' fashioned scrubbing. **But with a few regular moppings it doesn't look half bad to just look at it. I'm happy enough for now.

I need to go through the various art supply drawers that Kelton has and reorganize them. It means tossing things out which means I can't do it when Kelton is around.

I need to scrapbook more pages. I want to set a weekly goal and reach it.

I need to clean things off my hard drive and move other things to my external hard drive.

I need to start shopping for Dakota birthday.

I need to figure out what I would like to give Dakota for our 12th wedding anniversary.

Seven things not done.

Hmmm...looks like it's a tie in the things done and things not done arena but you know, I'm pretty happy with that. I feel like I've been productive in the midst of all the usual family and kid stuff. On top of that, the kids and I have actual had more fun and happy times than not this week so that, in and of itself, tops the Things Accomplished list! :)

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Sounds like you got a lot done this week. I know if I had two little ones at home I would be lucky if I got a shower each day. I am still thinking about your suggestion for me to copy all your posts to a Word document. :)

Dee said...

What jumps out to me here is 12 years! Wow!!! I love to see relationships last. We celebrate 10 years next month.

Oh, I think you're doing GREAT on your to do list! GOOD JOB!

Casey said...

Caroline: It isn't easy to get stuff done, that's for sure. :) (And you totally crack me up!)

Dee: Yep- 12 years since our wedding ceremony. It's 13 years total this year. :)

Brenda said...

Wow! Again, you are ahead of me. I haven't even written my to-do list yet. :o)