Monday, March 12, 2007

Silly Fun

Having kids can be so much fun! Check out my silly two:






My kids love to paint. They LOVE it. I really do not enjoy the mess. I know it's good for them to be messy and creative and yet....the paint mess just seems so daunting some times. So on those days when I want them to have creative fun but I don't feel like cleaning up paint splatters from one end of the house to the other, I strip them down, put them in the tub and hand them containers of finger paint or some other washable paint and let them go to town. Cleaning up is easy! The shower sprayer cleans off the shower walls, the tub and the kids and the plus side is, once everything is cleaned up, the kids have even had their bath for the night. :)

Did I mention they LOVE to paint? :)

6 comments:

Lynilu said...

The mural is actually cool! That looks like a lot of fun to me. I know it isn't fun to be the adult who does clean up, but the project is so wonderfully creative! I love it!

Casey said...

Lynilu: They had so much fun! I'm all for them being creative because I think kids *need* to do stuff like that (as do adults). They need to jump in and experience it all - the texture, the scent, the taste (eeewwww!!!) and what it feels like going on the walls, their hair, etc. It's so good for them to express themselves. Glad you enjoyed the photos. :)

Froggymama said...

I LOVED these pictures. Especially the one where they're admiring their work together. Cutie-patooties.

Monogram Queen said...

What a great idea. Unfortunately for mine i'm way too OCD ... sometimes I have to walk away and let her Dad handle it when she is too messy at the table. I know she's just a kid but it drives me bonkers. Which is why I walk away :)

Brenda said...

What fun!!! I love it !!!

Casey said...

FroggyMama: Thanks! I think they are pretty darn adorable too. :)

Patti_Cake: I hear you! :)

Brenda: Thanks!