Sunday, November 05, 2006

Never Fails

It just never fails. Ever.

The note on the "To Do" board clearly says "schedule Christmas photos". I wrote it and posted it last night so I would remember to do it tomorrow morning. I would like to have them taken this week so they are back by Thanksgiving. That way, I can get two sets in....have I mentioned that my daughter has an over-abundance of Christmas dresses? :)

But tonight.........while attempting to get out of the tub, Kaylen fell and smashed her cheek against the side of the tub (she has this thing lately where she stands up quickly and yells "JUMP!" and the mommy goal is to grab her before she actually jumps at you. Not exactly a fun game for the moms and we keep trying to get her to understand she should not do it. But yeah - what are you really going to do with a 20 month old who refuses to listen? *sigh*). It was bruising instantly and while now, 45 minutes later, it isn't too awful, it's still too icky to hide for a portrait.

Maybe next week.

Of course, Kelton will probably be sporting some sort of face owie by then. Keeping both of them bruise and owie free for pictures takes an act of congress.

And speaking of congress........REMEMBER TO VOTE!!!!!! (I just had to get it in there!)

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh, I hope she ok. I know you really want to have those pictures taken. And I can't wait to see them with all the Christmas outfits.

Brenda said...

I was just thinking of booking my kid's Christmas picture appointment this week too. It is going to be so strange going WITHOUT you!!!!! :o(

I'm sorry to hear about Kaylen. Timing!!! :o)

Laura said...

Oh poor sweetie!! I hope she's okay now. I think scheduling pics is a matter of luck. Brendan just happened to have his school pics taken right before his pinkeye and we did our holiday pics scheduled for Saturday when his was mostly looking okay. But it's a crapshoot.

Hugs to Kaylen!!!

Gandksmom said...

OK..next time sneak the pics in. Just wander into the mall and voila! Pictures with no bruises..LOL