Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It's Snowing!!!!!

Or is it?


I'm not sure I'd say this is really "snowing" but there is definitely white stuff coming from the sky. Too warm for it to stick yet but if reports from the north, east, south and west are accurate then it won't be too many hours.

Preschool was cancelled this morning though honestly, even being the not-crazy-about-driving-in-snow person that I am, I wouldn't have thought twice about getting behind the wheel. They say the roads are slick so I guess it's better to error on the side of caution.

Dakota stayed home this morning and went in late. That makes sense as she has to travel a few freeways and over several bridges to get to work. We'll keep an eye on things here, and she will keep an eye on things there, and we'll see where the next 24 hours takes us.

I, for one, would LOVE to have a bunch of snow for the kids to play in. We haven't had snow since Kelton was Kaylen's age (unless you count a couple hours of it last winter...and I don't. I want REAL snow!). How fun would it be to see both my babies romping around in a yard full of fluffy white stuff?!?!

PLEASE SNOW!!!!!

5 comments:

Sonya said...

Snow is fun! I hope you get some!

Or... you could come visit us and play in lots of snow.

Caroline said...

I LOVE snow. The storm that is in your area now is suppose to move to our area tomorrow night and Thursday and bring us snow. They aren't saying how much we are suppose to get, but I am praying for a snow day.

Jen said...

Hey You can have all the snow we got today. I believe we got at least 20cm (I'm sorry I'm Canadian, I don't know what that is in inches!;-) just in about 4 hours this afternoon. YUCK!

Casey said...

Jen,
According to my calculations, it's about 8 inches. WOW! That's a lot of snow in 4 hours.

Sonya, a trip to see you woul dbe so much fun!

Caroline, I hope you get your wish of lots of snow!!

Anonymous said...

I like the snow as well, but here in deep south tx it's a once in a lifetime happening and it happened 2 years ago on Christmas Eve! Best Christmas gift ever!

Kerry