Saturday, November 25, 2006

Charlie

We said good-bye to our furry little guy this morning. It broke all of our hearts - especially Kelton's.

Good-bye Charlie. Thank you for helping to teach the kids about being gentle with animals. Thank you for helping Kelton learn "eyes, ears, nose, mouth and tail" and for putting up with him the time he pulled your tail until you cried. Thank you for never running away from them and taking such good care of them. And of me. Seventeen years is a long time - thank you for being in our lives. We will always, always love you. Kelton says he knows you are going to like breakfast in heaven and he says there are lots of fun toys for you there. But oh how we wish you were still here.

We love you, big guy.

Kelton had us take some pictures this morning as we said our good-byes. You can see how much he loves Charlie. It's been a long day full of tears, tantrums and acting out...from all of us. *sigh*

11 comments:

Brenda said...

Charlie was a beautiful cat, and I can tell a very beloved family member. I'm so sorry for your loss. Seventeen years of love is hard to say good-bye too.

Take care

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Casey. We lost our kitty Max this summer, 3 days short of his 15th bday, I'd had him since he was 8 weeks old. I still think I see him sometimes (we have no other pets) and have to remind myself that he's gone. Pets are such important members of a family, it is so wrenching to lose them. I'm glad that you all had a chance to say goodbye and to take some special pictures.

We got a book by Mr. Rogers on losing a pet from the library and Claire asked us to read it over and over and still asks for us to check it out occasionally. We also made a book of some of our memories of Max and a little scrapbook of pictures, we all like to look at it from time to time.

Hugs to all of you.
Jennifer

momtothreeboys said...

I am SO sorry! Charlie looked like a wonderful, sweet, old-soul cat. I hope you all take your time to grieve.

Caroline said...

I am so sorry for you loss. Losing pets are so hard and it sometimes just doesn't seem fair. He sure was a pretty kitty and I know your will treasure all the memories of him. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jen said...

:-( I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost one of my 2 about 5 years ago now. I still miss her. And now I worry about the one I still have. They are part of the family. And I too, like Jennifer, see her out of the corner of my eye from time to time.

I'm glad you got to take pictures of him.
Take care.

Anonymous said...

:( oh casey! i'm so sorry!

big hugs!

em1__mak2 said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your cherished family member. I'm glad to hear you had the chance to say goodbye.

mel

Shannon said...

Casey, I'm so sorry for you loss. He was a beautiful cat. I know what you're going through; we had to say goodbye to one of our cats a few weeks ago. It's so hard, and even harder to get used to them not being around. I still think I see/hear Taz often. It takes some getting used to.

Casey said...

Thank you, everyone.

Sonya said...

Oh no... I'm so sorry to hear this news. I'm sorry for your loss.

Denise said...

What a beautiful kitty. The picture of he and Kelton together really touched my heart and your tribute to him is so warm and filled with love. I'm sorry for the loss of your Charlie.