Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Never Enough Hours In A Day

I know I need to update this soon and I will - as soon as I can find some time to really devote to writing something half-way readable and intelligent. But time is just something I have none of at the moment.

Preschool: The teacher did contact me the next day and we worked out a plan for re-entry. It didn't go as planned and I ended up being called back to the school and spent half the class in the classroom with him but he did fine the second half without me. It's long, complicated and involved. I promise to write about it when I can.

Life: It's nutty. I'm still struggling with this cold or whatever it is. The kids were both sick all weekend and while Kelton is doing much better, Kaylen goes back and forth. It all takes much more energy than I have at the moment. *sigh*

Christmas: I'm struggling with it. How to afford it. What to get the kids. All that stuff. It's frustrating. I also have Christmas cards to figure out, a letter to write (or not - I haven't decided) and gift projects to figure out and create.

Like I said - just not enough hours in the day.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Ah I hear you. I believe that I posted something about that last week! :-) I think its the stress of children that throws you a curve ball. I mean the stress when they are having problems. It really sucks everything out of you. I was exhausted for almost a month. It will get better. I promise! :-)

Dakota said...

Sorry, honey. I know my school schedule makes your life much harder than it might be otherwise. Hopefully everyone will feel better soon and life will feel a bit more manageable.
Love,
D

Brenda said...

All we can do is take one day at a time, and do our best. Hang in there. Hugs! :o)

momtothreeboys said...

Ain't it the truth??
I give kudos to you for being the sole daytime caregiver - that's so much harder than going to work!

Hope it gets better soon!

Gandksmom said...

I am so glad that we put aside the Target gift card that was gifted to us. Cheryl also saved money over the year in a christmas account. But we only spend $150 on each kid and that includes stocking stuffers. Katie wants a Leapster and Gillian wants karate gear that costs a lot of money. They will both probably only get a couple of gifts because of price. I try not to feel badly about that. I really run into an issue with my sister because she spends upwards of 1,000 on each of her kids and her MIL spends just as much. Last year her 10 and 11 year olds each got a laptop computer (they have wireless in their house), Ipods and tons and tons of other gifts. Gillian got a wave master (that cost $150 all by itself) and we had to take from Katie's money to throw in a couple of other smaller things. Katie is easy because she is so young that you can literally stuff under the tree because $150 goes a long way for toddler toys. This year will be a little more even given that she wants that Leapster. Whooo...sorry so long.