Monday, January 30, 2006

Where Does The Time Go?

It's a sad thing when people start sending emails asking when you are going to update your blog. I know, I know - I've been remiss. While laying in bed at night trying to sleep (I'm a terrible sleeper) a thousand blog post ideas float through my mind. I say to myself "That's a good one. Do that one tomorrow." but of course, when tomorrow arrives I have no clue what I had been thinking. Such is the way of Mommy Brain. *sigh*

Curious to know what I've been spending my time doing? Well...my on-line time, at least. (The rest of the time I'm sure you all can figure out since I have the kids all day/all night while Dakota is working and in class and/or studying) Most of YOU are the reason I'm not blogging much. Do you have any idea how many of your blogs I read every day (and check multiple times because I seem to have a need to live vicariously through everyone)? My list of blogs to visit grows practically each day - and now I have all my digi-blogs to visit as well. Then there are emails to answer (yes, I know, I suck at that too, lately), message boards to visit (again, I suck at that too) and I have added a bunch of digi-message boards too. Then there is chatting on MSN and/or AIM with friends (are you starting to see where it really IS your fault! LOL!), surfing to find info on various things in life and, of course, working on my digi-scrapping. AND....all this is done within just a few hours of time broken up over about 15-18 hours of time. Fifteen minutes here, 10 here and another 5 there.

So.....you see? It really *isn't* my fault. :) :) :)

The kids are doing well. Kelton never ceases to amaze me with his creativity, sense of humor and imagination. Yesterday, while shopping, he came across a moving box and desperately wanted to take it home. He decided it made a great car and he looks too darn funny inside the box driving around. You can't beat that kind of fun for $1.98. This afternoon we spent hours decorating it with paint, markers, stickers, paper plates and other craft items. I made shoulder straps out of belts (taped to the box) so it was easier for him to drive. Oh my gosh - the pure joy he has gotten for the $1.98. Worth every penny.

Kaylen is *this* close to walking and I can't believe that she will be a whole year old in 11 days. This time last year my c-section date was looming and I was growing larger by the day. It truly does seem impossible that she has been with us for a year. I am still having issues with the whole turning blue thing from last Tuesday and more and more I am noticing that she tends to turn bluish at random times. Today, she was fussing because she didn't want to nap even though she was drop-dead tired. She was breathing fine though maybe a little more shallow than usual but definitely NOT holding her breath when she turned a blue-gray color for a few seconds. I just about flipped out - though managed to keep calm so I didn't alarm her. I'm not sure what is going on with her but I plan to ask the doctor when I take her in for her year appointment in a couple weeks. I honestly don't believe she is "holding her breath until she turns blue and passes out" because she is angry. This is different. Don't ask me how I know, I just do. Call it mothers intuition.

How am I? Well....I'm definitely feeling the need for a break from the kids and yet, I actually get a bit dizzy at the prospect of leaving Kaylen with someone. I'm sure it's part of what happened last week. I know that for me, though, I need a child free break. The last time I had one was about three weeks ago when Dakota's mom invited us to dinner and I begged off, opting to stay home alone. HEAVEN!! I need some of that again. Who knows when I'll ever get it though.

So that's that. As Kelton used to say to us quite regularly: "Happy Now?!"

3 comments:

One Boys Mom said...

Glad to see a blog! Declan turned blue randomly when he was 18 months. They never did figure it out. Very white complection..cold? It was right around the time he had his siezure, so it bothered me. Definately ask your doctor.

em1__mak2 said...

Sounds like it's hard to even find a moment to breathe in your days.!

I love Kelton's boxcar idea. I just tossed out a box that Milo had been playing in and now I'm kicking myself.

I agree with you to question Kaylen's doctor about the blueness. From time to time, Milo's mouth will take on a blue-grey hue for no apparent reason and it flips me out. I don't remember it happening before he took a huge spill onto a tile floor, but it might have been happening forever and now I'm just hypersensitive. I don't think YOU however are being such and you have every reason to have it checked out. Peace of mind goes a long way.

And sorry, I'm guilty of neglecting my own blog so you have nothing new to read there. School is kicking my a**.

Sonya said...

Woohoo an update from Casey :)

Thanks!