Friday, January 20, 2006

Sick Sick Sick

Laura, you were so right.

My boy is one sick little dude. The last few days he's been complaining off and on that his "teeth hurt" though we couldn't get specifics from him and when we looked, nothing appeared different. Since his eating/drinking wasn't off, we let it go.

Two days ago he mentioned that his tummy hurt. But again - when asked, he would say "No - it ok."

Yesterday his eating was non-existent but he was running to get water often. Odd - yes. I even mentioned it to Dakota. He kept saying his teeth hurt. I got the flashlight and looked - I didn't see anything and when I questioned him further, he denied everything again. *sigh*

He finally ate cheese and crackers late in the evening.

Last night, when Dakota was putting him to bed, he popped his binky in, made a terrible face and ran for the bathroom. He rinsed his binky and drank water. When asked he said his binky was hurting him (which was odd since he had been using it on and off during the day without complaint). I again got the flashlight and we managed to get a good look. The poor little guy has bloody sores all over the roof of his mouth and down towards his throat (but not IN his throat). Well no wonder he has been such a challenge - he doesn't feel well.

We gave him Tylenol and finally got him to sleep.

Somewhere in my brain I remembered Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease so I looked it up on the internet and sure enough......I think that's what he has. I have seen no evidence of blisters on his hands and feet but he does have a tell-tale rash on his hinney (which we've wondered what it was from since he doesn't wear diapers anymore).

So.....a call to the doctor is in order today to have it confirmed (or not). Fun. I feel so bad for him and it makes me wonder if Kaylen has it as well (which would account for her horrible nights lately). They share everything - binkies, cups, etc.

Oh the joy. More later.

4 comments:

One Boys Mom said...

Oh yuk! Poor Kelton. That stuff is horrible. Good luck!

Sonya said...

Yuck Yuck Yuck

I'm sorry the kiddos are still sick. I hope the Dr's office is able to help and you are soon on your road to recovery.

Shawna said...

oh my goodness casey!!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... I'm so sorry to hear they aren't feeling well. Hopefully the Dr. will give you something to make them more comfortable.

We've gotten to the place where, when we go the the Dr's office, we hope there is something wrong so that at least we can fix it and the kiddos will start acting like themselves again.

I hope it clears up soon!

Carie