Wednesday, January 18, 2006

So NOT A Good Day

I'm tired. I'm more than tired - I'm exhausted and everything feels huge. I've already cried twice this morning and it's just now 11AM. One time I was actually crying over spilled milk. I kid you not. Spilled milk.

I'm a wreck.

The baby didn't sleep much last night. She was restless and cried .... a lot. More than a lot. At one point, I ended up falling asleep while nursing her (very unusual for me) in a very odd position and when I woke, my hand and arm were asleep and hurting. Nice.

I need a nap. I also needed the baby to take her morning nap on time. Yeah - that didn't happen. She was too uncomfortable and, presumably needed to poop. So - after a bit of playing, she did just that. But still no sleeping was to be had. Over tired would be my diagnosis. And now - well it's just too darn close to afternoon naptime and by golly I'm GOING to nap when the kids nap so she is just staying up until then. I have her parked in front of Baby Bach for a bit. She loves it and I love the no crying or fussing.

And the boy? Well.....he's in his full 3 year old "pay attention to me" mood and is driving me crazy.

It's days like this that I wish that Mother's Little Helper" pill was still the norm.
*sigh*

2 comments:

One Boys Mom said...

Sorry you're having such a rough day:( Definately try to nap! Any chance of a short playdate friday am? (I babysit around 11 or 12)

Sonya said...

Oh no... I'm sorry you are having such a rotten day. I really hope that you are all peacefully napping right about now!