Friday, January 20, 2006

Breaking My Heart

My kids are breaking my heart. They are so miserable. I finally got Kaylen to sleep but it's clear that both nursing and her binky cause pain....even with Tylenol on board she is hurting a great deal.

She cried so hard for so long. I cried with her......and there was nothing I could do to help.

Kelton is propped up reading in his bed. He is in too much pain to eat though he will drink water (I'm sure to get the nasty puss taste out of his mouth). He wants his binky but it hurts too much to even have it in his mouth. He actually started to cry because he is so sad and miserable.

I can't do anything to help them. THIS SUCKS!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Poor babies!!! I'm so sorry that they (and you!) are having to go through this!! We're keeping you all in our thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Yikes, Casey, I'm so sorry for the kiddos. Claire has actually had HFM twice, I got it once and it's awful. Sometimes eating frozen things helps, like popsicles or frozen yogurt tubes. I hope that everyone is on the mend quickly and that you are able to escape it yourself.
Jennifer

Sonya said...

Oh no Casey!

We've never (knocking on something really solid) experienced this. But I can feel your pain of having sick kids and feeling helpless. It is so hard to hear that 1) there is nothing you can do and 2) that it is only going to get worse.

I really hope that it doesn't get much worse and I hope the healing begins SOON.

Wish there was something we could do! I'm glad it is Friday and I hope you have reinforcements around for the weekend.

Hang in there... brighter days ahead for sure.

Jen said...

Oh wow, I am so sorry!! My sister's kids have had this a couple times and the oldest one ended up on morphine, and that wasn't even relieving the pain. I am not saying this to scare you, but so you know you aren't overreacting if Kelton gets more uncomfortable and you feel like you need to take him in again. I hope they feel better tomorrow though! Poor guys. :(