Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Thank you.

Thank you for all your kind words, emails and phone calls. Your support means a great deal to me. Kaylen appears to be completely fine today - she played, laughed, cried, crawled, took some steps and, in general, had a normal day.

I wish I could say that was the case for me. It wasn't. Every time she bumped her head and would start to cry, I actually had a physical reaction. Dakota says it's probably a form of post-traumatic stress. Whatever it is - it's frightening. I'm trying so hard not to over-react - I don't want to scare her...or Kelton.

The images, and sounds, are still fresh and haunting. The tears still come at random intervals.

But my baby....she seems completely unfazed. Thank God.

8 comments:

Sonya said...

Hang in there! You are a great Mom & your reactions are completely normal. Take it easy on yourself as best you can. Smother yourself with their love.

Time will heal!

Casey said...

Tracey,
I actually did talk with Sonya after Kelton and I returned from the park (much needed big boy/mommy time. Dakota was home with a sleeping Kaylen.) I didn't know that Dakota had talked with Sonya, too. (D is so bad at passing along info!)

Sorry I missed talking with you, too. :(

Jo Anna Guerra said...

Casey, it sounds like you did everything right. On some level, you've got to feel good about how you reacted in such a stressful situation, and how Kelton was such a big boy. All of those things are a direct reflection of your life and parenting skills, and you need to try to not be so hard on yourself for an accident that could've happened to anyone. Take care.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear she seems back to normal. Huge hugs to you!

Catherine said...

Oh, Casey. I am so sorry you are still feeling this way. It sounds like mild panic attacks, so normal under the situation. Since I have them, let me say the best thing to do is get your self involved in a distraction. Glad your baby girl is well. Hugs to you.

Sonya said...

LOL... I didn't talk with Dakota. I only talked with Casey. It was good to hear your voice!!!

Sorry for any confusion.

Jen said...

I'm so glad that she's doing okay! And saia and chago are right...you should feel good about the way you reacted to the situation.
Hugs to you all!!

pack of 2 said...

YAy...she is OK...Now we just got to get mom there too.

Hope you are feeling better!

hugs to you,

Shelly