Tuesday, January 03, 2006

No no no no no no no no!!!!

I just got off the phone with my good friend, Brenda, who shared some distressing news with me: her husband in interviewing for a position in California! NO!!!!!!

Everyone help me out and send "California people: Do not hire Al!" vibes out into the universe. And just to be fair, since his office here is looking at closing down, help me send out some "Vancouver/Portland people: Offer Al a great job!" vibes.

Oh man - I can't even begin to tell you had sad this news is making me. Brenda is the voice on the other end of the phone each and every morning asking how I am and how my evening/night went. She's my "mall date" - someone who goes to the mall with me just to hang out. She's the one I go with when it's time for pictures of her kids or mine for moral support. She's the one who's house my kids can trash while she and I talk, laugh and gossip (but not drink coffee - that's my friend, Shawna, who I can do that with! :) ). What would I do without my regular escapes to the local coffee place to hang out (which, I might add, we haven't done since D started school. I miss it.)? What would I do without Brenda?

"You have Shawna." Brenda said, sadly. Trying to make me feel better even though she and I are both feeling crappy.

And yes, that's true (and I LOVE having Shawna for a friend!) but is there a universal rule that says I can only have one good real-life friend at a time???????? I want TWO!! I'm greedy - I want TWO good friends. Doesn't seem like so much to ask for.

So help me - send out those vibes. Thanks.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Well anybody who is ANYBODY knows I'm NO replacement for Brenda :(

If Brenda moves I will be SOOOOOOOOO sad, she belongs here!!!!

Casey you deserve 75 close in real life friends, 2 just is not NEARLY enough.

(BRENDA!!!!!! NOOOOOO DON'T GO!!!!)