Thursday, December 03, 2009

Rambling on no sleep

It's 2:36am and I have been not sleeping for hours. I just can't seem to sleep. My mind races and my heart is broken. I just can't believe this is my life...never in a million years. It's got to be some sort of joke, right? I mean really....really?!?!

Yesterday I spent almost the entire day in tears. How can this be happening? I don't want this to be happening.

My babies deserve better than a broken home and going back and forth every other weekend. They deserve to have their other mom reading them their bedtime stories, helping with bath time, listening to their days events and tucking them in. They deserve that...and so much more.

Ripping a family apart. I don't understand. Forever changing two little lives.

And me. There is me. I don't want this to happen to me. I love her with all I am and I have missed her so much over the years of schooling and kept my sights on the horizon of the summer of 2009 when school would be done and we could get to know each other again because the at home time wouldn't be a few precious hours during the week which were devoted to the kids. They missed her desperately all those days, evenings and nights when she was away and it felt like the right thing to do to give them all her time. I let it happen for their sake and for hers. I knew she missed them too. And somehow along the way we lost touch with each other. I just never thought it would be something we couldn't get back. We had a strong past to rely on and help us through. Or at least I thought and believed and trusted.

What I didn't count on though, is what happened.

I'm rambling, I know. I think that tends to happen when you log about 6 hours of sleep in three days time.

I watched her with the kids last night and it struck me hard how in a few days she won't be here to tuck them in and kiss them goodnight and it hit me even harder that these are the last days I will *ever* get to be a part of that bedtime routine.

So many things are hitting me hard. There are so many "last times" or times that have already passed that I didn't realize were "last times".

I don't want to do this alone. I want to share it with my best friend, my love and my partner. I love her so much...

Please let this be a nightmare. Let me wake up next to her for always. I want so much to continue to share my life with her and raise our children together....under the same roof. I want her to want that too.

I know some people think it's wrong to post things like this but this is my therapy because if I kept it all inside I would explode. There is no need to say hurtful and hateful anonymous comments so please, if you have nothing supportive to say, don't say anything at all or better yet, stop coming by here. If you are the person who posted that I somehow deserve this let me tell you that you are incredibly wrong. No one deserves this kind of pain and if that is really how you feel, stop coming here. I will continue to post because I need to.

But make no mistake about it; I will not put up with people being mean to Dakota or to me. I love Dakota. I really love her. And I would do anything to stop this from happening.

14 comments:

Stacey said...

I am so very sorry that this is happening. I've read your blog for a long time and you strike me as a wonderful, kind, amazing woman/mother. My heart aches for you and I wish it was a nightmare too. I can't imagine...

I agree, blogging is a good therapy. I find it is for me as well. And I'm sure you'll find lots of us out here supporting you through words. Wish I could do more.

Have you tried couples councelling or anything? Has she tried working on it? As parents we all lose touch with our relationship but if we work at it, we can gain back something that once was...or something better because we have been through so much together. If you look at "Mad World" she had an article about a man who wanted to leave and the wife ignored it for a while and then he grew out of it. Sometimes we have those feelings that it would be easier to leave but then we stick through it and realize that was a mistake. I dunno.

I feel for you and the kids. I'm so very sorry.

Jen said...

Oh honey, there is still time. I am so sorry this is happening. As long as you are open to reconciliation, it can happen. Maybe once she has the space she's seeking, she'll realize...

You sound like you have a good perspective. I'm angry with Dakota, because you're my friend so obviously I want to smack her for hurting you. But you're right in that usually both partners unwittingly play into a situation like this. Which is NOT to say you deserve it!

My prayers are with all four of you. Don't give up hope for a reconciliation. Make plans and move on with your life, but leave your heart open to her.

Anonymous said...

Casey- This must be very hard on all of you. Be strong. You're all in my thoughts.

Casey said...

Jen: I am more than open to that. More than.

Audra said...

I'm so sorry that you're going through this Casey. I agree with Stacey- you ARE a wonderful and amazing woman and mom, and I'm so sad that you're going through this.

Blogging has always helped me work through my issues, and it is good therapy.

Rainbow Momma said...

I'm so sorry you are going through this. You are in my thoughts constantly. Hang in there. Huge hugs!

Tracey said...

Casey you don't deserve this. The kids don't deserve this. NO ONE deserves this. If there is any way to keep things open and go to counseling, I would hope that Dakota would be amenable to that. It is very clear that you are open to it, so it seems that she is the one who is not. To say it's over without fighting for it is giving up, and I wouldn't expect Dakota to give up on your family or you. It's clear that YOU have never given up on her. *CLEARLY* I don't know the whole story, or even a small part of the story, but it just breaks my heart that you all have sacrificed so much only to now see this awful end in sight. Please don't read anything hateful that anyone may say to you. You and your family are worth it, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

momtothreeboys said...

Casey, I still can't believe this is happening to you (even though I don't know you personally). My heart hurts for you and the kids and Dakota too...this can't be easy on anyone. I'm so, SO sorry this is happening...please, PLEASE do e-mail me at any time (I'm up late too ;)). We're here to support you and the kids in any way you need. Just call out.

Catherine said...

Casey, my heart breaks for you and the kids. I understand your worries about the kids. I would have the same worries. They will be hurt, but they will cope, probably much better than you. Kids bounce back fast.

I have watched my best friend go through this. And I know it can tear you to pieces. The only thing you can do is take care of you and the kids. Be easy on yourself, eat and get something to help you sleep.

It sucks that this all out of your control. I am sorry.

Tanya said...

You know I'm thinking of you all the time. And really, someone really said that? That's just not right. I hope someday you can see the light at the end of the tunnel even if there seems to be no end now. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Tribe Mama said...

Nothing but love and support coming to you. Obviously many are unhappy with Dakota because they see you hurting and know the sacrifices you and the kids made, but only you and she know the whole story of your life together, and no one should be mean. I hope with all my heart that you both find your way back to each other, but if you can't, I know you will do all you can to continue to be a family.

Froggymama said...

Oh Casey, I'm sorry my friend. I know how you feel. My heart hurts for you. I'm also sorry people are sending mean emails to Dakota. It will help no one. xoxox I'm sending you an email tonight. Love, love, love, love, love to you! xoxo Elise

Gandksmom said...

Casey,
I can't stop crying. My heart just breaks for you and for Dakota and mostly for the kids. I have been through a break up when I was on the receiving end and it just plain hurts. No 2 ways around it. You will get through it. That much I can promise. And I know enough about you and Dakota that you will make it work for the kids and everyone will be OK in the end. Thinking of you and also lifted you up in church on Sunday. Please feel free to call. E-mail me for my phone number OK?
Wendy

Anonymous said...

I don't know you, I just stumbled acros your blog. I am so sorry for what you are going through. Sending prayers and warm thoughts your way.
Melissa in Durham