Thursday, December 31, 2009

The End of the Year

I'm so sad today. I can't say I am looking forward to 2010 at all. In 2009 I had so much to look forward to - the end of law school and having Dakota home more so we could spend time together again - do all the things we talked about and planned. Celebrate when she passed the bar and then again when she landed the perfect job.

Enjoy being parents together to our amazing kids. I looked forward to her getting to know them like I had over the years when she was busy with school and work and studying. Law school was a very long 4 years and I was ready to reach the end so we could get back to being a family of four instead of the kids and I on our own so much of the time.

Yeah. That didn't so much work out.

So now? 2010 seems huge and looming and more than a bit terrifying. The kids and I? Still on our own.

So not the way I saw 2010 being rung in.

7 comments:

Lannon said...

You are not on your own - you have each other. And just like 12 months ago you didn't know how 2009 was going to turn out, you definitely don't know how 2010 will turn out. And it may ended up being one of the best years of your life. You won't know until you're there......

Kerry said...

Lannon is right, you never know how things will turn out. I know the beginning will be rough for you but you are a strong woman Casey and will make it through this. There are alot of people rooting for you.

Mimi said...

I know this is hard to believe....but everything happens for a reason....you might not know why as of yet but you will....

Unknown said...

As much sorrow as the thought of the future brings you, Casey, you may be surprised at how you feel when 2010 is coming to a close. 12 months is a lot of time for life to get better, not just worse. I'm still thinking of you. Don't lose heart.

Stacey said...

That's tough but you do have each other and I am sure that a wonderful person like you will have some good surprises in store for 2010. I am sorry that what you looked forward to is gone...you are very strong and I know you are putting on a brave face for the kids. Hugs to you.

Tracey said...

I cannot imagine what it is like to be in your shoes right now, but I can tell you that you and your whole family are in my thoughts all the time right now. This year will be one of change, upheaval, and many instances of 'new' normal. All I can say is to make sure that you take care of you, in addition to taking care of the kids, and that you and Dakota both focus on the kids and their well being and keeping them as a priority. If that is what you do, everything will go much smoother. They know you both love them, be kind and respectful to Dakota (and she in return) so that they never feel like they have to choose one or the other as a matter of love or loyalty. I'm here pulling for you all.

Froggymama said...

Love, love, love to you! xoxo Elise