Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Missing

It was a weekend for lost and missing things at our house. Here's a quick list:

Baby K played with my wallet and now my debit card is missing in action. The crazy part is, it's IN the house. We have turned this place inside out and upside down and haven't been able to find it. I cancelled it and ordered a new one. Ten days of not having it loom in front of me.

Baby K's precious baby doll. Lost at the mall - for way too long. Fear, panic and disbelief for the moms who know all too well that "baby" is a necessary part of life. Crucial. Critical. Can't go anywhere or do anything without baby. Luckily, after retracing our steps from one end of the mall to the other, we found it. Someone, a kind and good someone, had found baby and placed it on a display rack near the section we had been shopping. Thank God. Relief. I made a quick trip to Walmart to buy a second baby to have on hand. Tried to do the ol' switcheroo but Baby K would have no part of it, She could smell the traitor doll a mile away. For an entire day I tried to get her to believe it was the real baby but nothing doing. She could see right through that big ol' lie. The sad thing is her baby is only 4 weeks old. How in the world can she know the difference between a 4 week old doll and a new one? They look the same to me. So...the new baby is hidden in our closest and we'll jsut have to be reallllllllly careful with the real baby. At least until Baby K bonds to something else.

My copy of the key to the new car. It's gone. I never added it to my key chain because I didn't want to have to lug around an extra key when the new car is mostely in the possession of D. I had the key, with the dealer keychain still on it, on the buffet where it has been for 4 weeks. Suddenly it's gone. Vanished into thin air. Oy.

We bought new pillows this weekend (D is a pillow hound. I could probably sleep on the same pillow my entire life but D seems to need a new one every year. She gets bored easily. :) Anyway....we bought new pillows at Penney's yesterday because they had a buy one get one for a dollar sale. After buying the pillows, we took the kids to the arcade at the mall (it's a family thing - we always go to arcades). After playing a few games we prepared to leave when we discovered the pillows were missing. Uh oh. Luckily, after much searching on our part, the arcade attendant retrieved them from her office. Why she felt the need to take them when we were *the only people in the place* in beyond me. I'm really sure they would have been safe by the Skee Ball machines for a few minutes. :)

Were there other things we lost or misplaced this weekend? Probably. But these are the only ones I can think of right now. It was a crazy weekend.

Oh! I also had someone work on my computer and it's back to its fully fuctioning self again. Yippie!!!

8 comments:

Holly said...

I usually find that when I have lost my debit card in the house, I find it less than 12 hours after I get a new one. Good luck!

One Boys Mom said...

That would just be the story of my life, not just my weekend - ugh!!

Gandksmom said...

Casey - I can't find your e-mail and I wanted to thank you for your kind comment. Also, I have some lost things.....if I send you a list will you find them for me LOL?

Sonya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sonya said...

LOLWeAreMissingTheSpacebarToOurKeyboard...ThanksToTheBoy.:)

Casey said...

Carie,
Baaaahahahahahaha!!! :)

Kerry said...

Oh man do we know this well. When we were moving this past Feb Conlan, who is 5,decided to borrow the uhaul key and buried it out in the front yard with his superheroes. We could not find it that night at all. We found it the next morning because the sun was bouncing off the key!

Laura said...

I seriously believe that there's some black hole in the universe that all these items fall into and one day we'll all fall into and find our lost things. Awhile back at work I tossed my keys onto my desk and they fell off to the side and literally just disappeared. There was nowhere they could be except between the wall and the desk but they've never been seen again.