Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Boys First Dental Cleaning

I had expected it to be a rocky visit. First off, I didn't have anyone to watch Kaylen for me while I took Kelton in for his first ever teeth cleaning (he went before when he was two but they didn't do anything besides look in his mouth). I expected Kelton to not be as cooperative as he can be...to play up the class clown bit that he does so well. Boy was I in for a shock! I think I had someone else's kid. Kelton was perfectly behaved...and I mean PERFECTLY. It was surreal. Even Kaylen was an angel and sat in my lap the entire time. Someone was watching over me, that's for sure.

No cavities...not even any plaque which I'm not sure how we managed to pull off. I mean, yes, we brush twice a day but I figured he'd have SOME areas talked about in regards to needing more care. All in all, they said his "home care is excellent." *THUD* I don't believe it. We're just very lucky - he must have good enamel like I did when I was younger. It's all luck....but I'll take it!

He goes back in 6 months.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

That is so wonderful. My parents taught us good oral hygiene, I just wish I had listened to them more when I was an adult. I have learned one thing in my whole dental work process: soda is very, very bad.