Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tagged

I was tagged by Shawna, my sweet, creative friend. Check out the bottom of this post to see if I've tagged you. :)

Here are the rules of the tag:
List 5 weird things about yourself or your pets.
Tag 5 friends and list them.
Those people need to write on their blogs about 5 weird things, and state the rules, and tag 5 more people.
Don’t forget to let the people you tag know by posting a comment on their blog!

Here goes:

I often do not proof read my email or my posts. Ok – 98% of the time I do not proof read my emails nor do I run spell check. If I actually took the time to do that I might find that I am writing pure drivel and not send the mail or post the post. Sometimes (or is that all the time?) it’s better not to know that your brain has turned to mush.

I do not like to cook….or bake. Primarily because I have a hard time rationalizing hours of prep and clean-up when it takes less than 15 minutes to consume the meal. I generally leave all the cooking and baking in the hands of my trusty side-kick but now that she is in school in the evenings, I am having to do more. Good thing my kids love Easy Mac and chicken noodle soup from a can. :)

I am actually scared of the oven. Not the stovetop – just the oven. (This also accounts for my dislike of cooking/baking) I do not trust anything or anyone who gets that hot and holds that much heat inside it. And yeah – that’s just my silly way of saying I’m scared of hot things. Perhaps I was badly burned in another life or something. I can’t explain it – it just is.

I am very decisive. However I am easily thrown off track, and frustrated by, the indecisiveness of others. Case in point: I will have decided what we should do about X,Y or Z but then Dakota will enter the equation and come up with A,B or C that might be better. I will usually opt to give up the fight and go with A,B or C knowing full well that MY idea would have been more easily executed and then, when it comes to pass that my way would have been better, I’ll say “Told you!” I’m not sure why I rarely fight for my original decision. I don’t always give up the fight but I do more times than I care to admit.

I used to despise the color pink. I’m sure this comes from my childhood when I was overdosed on the color. Or, maybe I used to like it but due to outside pressure, I made a conscious choice to dislike the color. Whatever the reason – I couldn’t stand pink. That is – until the day my daughter was born. From that day on, pink has become my favorite color and this is seen over and over again in my t-shirts, the color I chose to paint Kaylen’s room, how I dress Kaylen, etc. I admit it – I LOVE pink! Go figure. :)

And as a bonus, here are a few more.


I am not a last minute person. I do not like to be late with anything – arriving someplace, meeting a deadline, etc. If I have something that needs to be done by a certain date, you can bet it’s done days, if not weeks, in advance. Until I had children, I was always early – and even now, with kids, I push incredibly hard for us to get out the door and arrive somewhere on time. Some days this causes more chaos than necessary but for me, even five minutes past the start time for something is not good enough. If I’m meeting someone at 10 – then I am driven to be there at 10. I wish I could be more lax about this but for some reason, I can’t.

I have a hard time forgiving myself for anything. Things I have said or done in the past haunt me and I rehash things over and over – trying to figure out how it could have been handled differently (and no – that doesn’t always mean more peacefully – there are lots of times I wish I had spoken up or held my ground or given someone a piece of my mind or just plain told someone where to go).

This was really easy for me since I was recently featured in a getting to know you type column in my MOMS Club newletter. Cut and paste is a good thing. :)

Ok - now onto the tagging. Ready?

Tracey, Dakota, Caroline, Mistalyn and Cristin (hey girl - this is just what you need. You haven't updated all friggin' month!)

3 comments:

Dakota said...

OK, I'll try to make some time to play, but I don't think I have 5 people with blogs to send it on to. I doubt the folks at the Grey's Anatomy blog will respond :)

Caroline said...

I am just like you in regards to not wanting to be late for anything. Even when I tell myself "it's ok to be late" I get there on time. A lot of times I like this about myself, and then there are other times I get so mad that I can't relax. Just did my list on my blog. Thanks for tagging me.

Laura said...

I'm with you with the doing getting things done on time. And I hate being late for anything either. No, it drives me crazy more when other people could care less about doing things on time and are late.