Monday, May 21, 2012

Saturday

Saturday was a nice day, here in the Pacific Northwest and as people are meant to do on nice days (which are few and far between for most of the year), we spent some time outside.

Stephanie had to go in to work for a few hours and Andrew had a school thing to do so the kids and I were on our own for a while Saturday.  I had noticed on Friday that there was a weekend neighborhood garage sale up the road a bit (in the ritzy neighborhood) so I loaded the kids into the car and we went to see what sort of treasures we might find.  As it turns out, not many.  Kelton picked up a couple small items (grand total for him ran about $3.00 for the day) and Kaylen picked out a few articles of clothing (her grand total was $5.00).  As usual when I am shopping, I found nothing I needed or wanted.  I always try to put a positive spin on that by telling myself (and the kids) that my life is pretty darn good for I want or need for nothing. 

After we checked out the sales, we headed into town to get gas for my car (oops - I had really needed to do that on Friday.  Silly me!) and then back out to Stephanie's.  I did some chores while the kids played and within a couple of hours, Stephanie arrived home.

We had planned to just go sit on the front porch for a while and enjoy the afternoon but it didn't take long before Stephanie had pulled on a pair of gloves (where they tillman gloves ?  I may never know but I do know they were mighty fancy and nice.) and was working on weeding the front garden.  Kaylen wasn't feeling well (running a fever and just cranky as all get out!) so Kaylen cuddled in my lap while Stephanie and I chatted as she worked in the garden.

The afternoon flew by and before I knew it, it was time to make dinner for the kids.  From there, it was a hop, skip and a jump to bedtime - for all of us.  I have to say, I have never ever experienced time moving so quickly as I do when we are out in the country.  It seriously FLIES!  We get up by 8AM every morning and two blinks later, it's 9:30PM and we are heading to bed, completely exhausted from our day.

But what days they are.  Good days.  Amazing days.

Totally loving life.

No comments: