Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cleaning Cleaning and More Cleaning

While the children played this afternoon and evening, I spent hours catching up on personal paperwork and then diving into clearing out and organizing cabinets.  The thing about working inside cabinets is that no one really sees or appreciates all the hard work that goes into it.

And believe me - it was a lot of work!

I started by cleaning up the computer desk area (because it is where I sat to work on my paperwork and I couldn't help but notice that it needed attention).  That took me to cleaning out my PTO binders, which lead to me to the bi-fold closet in the kitchen.  That took me to the cabinet where I keep vases and alcohol.  Goodness knows that needs to be cleared out.  I bagged up a bunch more stuff to send with Dakota.  They will drink it.  I never will.  From there I moved to the cookbook cabinet.  Who am I kidding?  I don't need all those books because I don't cook.  :)

From there I meant to go get the kids' sheets from the dryer and remake their beds but as I passed their art cabinet, I couldn't help but open the door and clean it out.  Which lead to another cabinet.

By now it was closing in on 7:30pm and I needed to get the kids beds remade.

But by now, I was exhausted.  I was wishing for a warm night on the porch watching some cool  water features as I rested and relaxed.  Too bad for me because there was still work do to.

I remade the beds and straightened up their rooms.  By now it was 8pm and time to end the Uno Attack game, say goodnight to the neighbor boy and get my two into their jammies and under their covers.  Oh but wait - they both needed to get in their 20 minutes of reading.  *sigh*

I just returned from tucking them in.  All is quiet and it's a good thing because this mommy is ready to call it a day.

And what a day it has been.  A very good, very productive day.

Life is amazing!

No comments: