Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Size 8

Well yes indeed - I do wish that was my size but alas, it is not. It is the new under.wear size for a certain 4 year old girl. Yes. I said 8. What size should she really be wearing? Six. She has been wearing size 6 for about a year now but lately she has been complaining that they don't cover her backside well enough for her liking.

Hmmm.....they look fine to me but then, I am not the one with sensory issues when it comes to my clothes. Call me silly but I like my clothes to fit and not hang off me.

This morning I requested that she put on her under.wear so that we could go out and meet up with some friends. This seemingly innocent request was met with a full on meltdown because the "one pair that fits" was in the washing machine. Oy.

I agreed that today would be the day we went shopping for a bigger size. During our playdate she would come up to me periodically to remind me that we were going to be going shopping today. In fact, she shared this info with everyone. I guess when you are four years old new under.wear is a big deal. For me though? It's a lot like looking into term life insurance. Necessary but hardly the highlight of my day.

After we left our friends we drove right to the mall. Kaylen is now the proud owner of size 8 Dora and size 8 Princess under.pants. I'm sure when she reads this when she is older she will be rolling her eyes, groaning and saying "Moooooooooooooom! How could you write this?!?" Well my darling girl - it's because it's moments like these that I don't want to forget. You being so very excited about new under.pants. Talk about simple pleasures. :)

And for those of you waiting for beach photos - they are coming. I have some good ones. Be patient. :)

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

That's OK, I talked about br.as on my blog. But I'm as old as she is young, so we are allowed do such things!

Unknown said...

Hey, we signed some new docs for term life insurance last night, and it wasn't so bad :)

Your daughter is one funny thing when it comes to her clothing. But you're right, she's the one wearing them, so if she demands a certain fit (or lack thereof!) she should get to make that call.

Tanya said...

8? Even 6? What happened to 4T? Oh maybe girl panites don't come like that huh. J needs new ones too, but I doubt he will share her excitment.

Monogram Queen said...

I don't know how she can STAND to wear too big underwear! LOL
Madison wears a 6 but she's got alot of junk in her trunk LOL