Wednesday, September 02, 2009

First Day of Second Grade

And he's off! My baby started second grade this morning.








Big backpack on a little boy. :)


Kisses from a little sister who is missing him something fierce.


Getting on the bus from his new bus stop - right in front of our house! Nice!


Arriving at school.


Kaylen's eager greeting after being apart for a mere 7 minutes. As we walked away from Kelton's classroom Kaylen burst into tears and continued to cry all the way home. She is really going to miss her big brother. What's astounding to me is that next year I will be dropping both of my babies off at school. Just the thought makes me cry.


At his classroom door and ready to tackle his first day.

Good luck buddy boy of mine! I know you are going to do amazingly well this year - always know how very proud of you I am.

Love, Mom


4 comments:

Audra said...

How precious! Good luck to a great year Kelton!

Anonymous said...

Hope Kelton has a great day and you and Kaylen too! Can't wait to hear all about it! Mikayla and Parker have another week to wait but are very excited!

Melanie said...

Let me guess - your face was a little bit red (in those first shots near the doorway) b/c you were choked up? Just thinking that made me choke up a little too! :*( I now fully understand.

Sheri said...

So amazing how many photos you are able to capture of these special moments ... me, I got 1 (better than none). I hope Kelton has a fabulous 2nd grade year.