Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Changes

I woke up to the steady sound of rain this morning. Yes, rain. The sunflowers are all blooming and school starts tomorrow.

For all intents and purpose, autumn has arrived.

I reluctantly pulled out the decorations and the kids and I put stuff out. I'm still not feeling it though and I wish, with all my might, that I could hold it all back. Stop the hands on the clock. Stop the days from passing. Stop the seasons from changing. But I know I can't.

So ready or not.....it's time to say goodbye to summer and hello to autumn.









7 comments:

Jen said...

Oooh! I love your decorations. All of a sudden I'm excited to get mine out -- I'll wait a bit longer, though, since my house is trashed and I don't think I can take one more thing out where I can see it.

You know, today I've been up and down, mood-wise, and I'm really wishing blogworld was a physical neighborhood we all shared. I wish we lived across the street from each other so we could share a cup of coffee in the morning while we wait for the school bus. And I could see your decorations in person -- what are those yellow lemon-looking things in the jar? It looks so festive and pretty.

My, I'm chatty today, aren't I?

I'm hoping this fall starts feeling very crisp and cozy and just right to you. Maybe you need a Friday night camp-out or a fire in the fireplace to get you in the right mood.

Audra said...

Yet again, I am insanely jealous. The only time we see leaves on the ground is when there's a big wind storm and palm fronds fall. :/

Dakota said...

NO!!! Not the fall decorations already!

(They do look nice, though. Thanks for your work.)

Unknown said...

Wow, it all looks so good. Fall has some of the best decorations. Probably because they don't scream any particular holiday; they're just lovely and warm. Looks REALLY good, Casey.

Unknown said...

Hello Fall! Very nice decorations! Jeri

Anonymous said...

It's kind of sad it's about to be fall, but can't fight the fact that it is on our door step. Decor looks nice :)

Monogram Queen said...

I love your decor, I am SO ready to decorate for autumn but it's still a "wee" bit too hot! Happy Fall Dakota,Casey,Kelton & Kaylen!