Thursday, September 03, 2009

If Only I Got Paid for This

I have been hard at work on Parent Teacher Organization stuff since the school bus picked Kelton up at 8:20AM. I feel like I could put in another 8 hours easily and still have more to do.

Make no mistake: this is a job. Maybe not full time but on the days I do put in hours and hours, I could make good money. And oh how I wish I could get paid for it.

There are so many things I want to have ready to go for next weeks first meeting of the year. I want the meeting to run well - upbeat and fun while getting the new people to commit their time, energy and dedication. I want this year to be better than last (and we had a good year last year - it's just that there were only three of us) with more parental involvement.

I have high hopes and to that end, I am working hard and reading tons of information.

But a paycheck for my time? That would rock. :)

2 comments:

Mimi said...

your pay check is knowing what is going on with your childs school...some parents don't give a rats ass.....just know you do!

Unknown said...

Sounds like me and MC :) No rest for the weary, huh? You do a great job in the PTO! Keep it up!