Thursday, April 27, 2006

Toddler Speak Is Growing Up

I've been experiencing some of wistfulness for toddler talk . Kelton has always had a special way of saying certain words and then, as he grows and his language skills develop, he begins using the proper word or phrase. Yeah, I know - this is how it's supposed to be and I'm happy for him....I'm just said that bits of his babyhood are quickly falling away.

For example, he has always said "hang-ga-burr" for hamburger and, my favorite one by far, hic-a-bus for hippopotamus.Two days ago he said hippopotamus right for the first time.....and I almost cried. I'm so not ready. :(

I remember the first time he said "bottle" instead of "ba-ba". It was like a knife through my heart.

They grow too fast, don't they?

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Awwwww!

I learned last night that Ms. Articulate calls Roly Poly bugs Poly Poly.

I was rather stupid and said... do you mean Roly Poly?

Carie said that she hasn't corrected her yet because she loved hearing her say Poly Poly. I ruined it. She will never call it a Poly Poly again.

If Ellie mispronounces something Abby will kindly teach her the right way to say it. We will never get to hear cute kids speak. LOL