Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Good Enough

I was watching The View just now ( I record it daily but rarely actually get to watch it) and saw an interview with Jane Fonda. Apparently she has a new book out "My Life So Far" - it sounds pretty interesting - I may have to pick up a copy to add to my stack of books to read when I have time (when would that be? When the kids are grown?). My point though is she has a line in there that says "Good enough is good enough" and it struck a chord in me.

Is it? Is good enough good enough? And does that encompass everything or just some aspects of life? And if only some, then which ones?

Why does it feel like if we just do "good enough" then we are actually just skating by and not giving the situation our all?

And yet - shouldn't it be enough?

Thoughts?

PS...Told you I was tired...maybe I'm just rambling and not making any sense at all. That's possible. But I gues this is good enough, right? LOL!!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

but is it your version of good enough? or her version of good enough? and what if those versions do not match? then what is good enough?

i dont agree with the statement...not all of us think the same, or have the same values, or have the same goals, etc...

what if you dont do it good enough for me? am i then just supposed to be ok with it? even if it doesnt make me happy?

nope...doesnt cut it...i give everything i have, until i cannot give anymore...and sometimes, thats not good enough...and i know it...

*sigh*

peace...

Rainbow Momma said...

I think good enough is okay for some things - for instance, the house is clean enough, the tv works well enough. But I don't agree that good enough is okay for other things - like parenting and even living. IMO, those are the things where good enough just doesn't cut it.

PS Have you tried audio books. *thumbs up*

Estelle said...

I think good enough is good enough. But that's just me.