Thursday, April 27, 2006

In Three Seconds Flat

Kids move fast - there is no denying that little fact.

Yesterday we were in the yard playing and after the kids managed to drench themselves playing in/with the water table we headed in to change into dry clothes.

I stripped down Kelton and sent him to his room for dry clothes and then turned my attention to Kaylen. I removed her wet clothing and sent her down the hall as well. I picked up the wet stuff, tossed them in the washing machine and headed down the hall to make sure the boy was getting dressed and to pick out dry clothes for the girl.

THIS is what I found when I rounded the corner.




Oh yeah - that would be his entire dresser contents on the floor. And yes, that would be my daughter trying to climb her way to to top of the dresser/changing table. OY OY OY!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Princess has no FEAR ! Wow! What a great picture and even better keepsake! :o)

Sonya said...

BAHAHAHAHA!!!

And this is precisely why we put child locks on the girls' dresser when they were younger. That particular dresser is now Spencers, but the child locks are still there.

Kerry said...

OMG what flashbacks for this lol! All the kids have done this all five and man it was nuts lol.

momtothreeboys said...

Oh yeah, that's nothing new here. You should see my living room right now. Every single book, block, toy and crayon is littering the floor. I give up!

Kristen said...

ooh, that looks like fun, LOL

One Boys Mom said...

It was really 6 seconds...EACH had 3 seconds :)

You guys are going to have your work cut out for you!

Michelle said...

THis is what Brenna's changer looked like--minus the climber--right before I put a child lock on the big clothes drawer...lol
And oh my Gosh...my heart would have sunk if I had seen Brenna standing like that...I'd have panicked and attached everything over 5 lbs to the wall after that one...yikes!

Casey said...

Ya know - I'm so used to her climbing that it doesn't even phase me. I'll have to upload a picture that was taken at Dakota's birthday celebration....everyone was sitting around tlaking and laughing and there, in the background, is Kaylen standing on the rocking chair.

The girl is part monkey. I guess she is making up for the fact that Kelton never, ever, ever climbed on anything (except the rocking chair - which he would stand on and "surf"). Oh the joy.