Sunday, April 23, 2006

New Clothes

There is nothing like new clothes to bring a smile to my face. I just LOVE when the kids have new clothes and Little Missy Lou hit the mother-load again this week (is that a word? I thought it was spelled Motherlode but maybe that's just the musical group but then motherload isn't in spell checker either...oh well...you get the point: it was a LOT of clothes!). A little while back, Sonya sent two big boxes of things her girls had outgrown and trust me, we are getting tons of use from all that great stuff. In fact, Kaylen is out in the yard right now in one of those shirts. The great thing about Sonya's girls is they are twins so Kaylen is able to have the same great clothes in different colors. Bonus! :)



This time around, Cristin, bless her buttons, sent a huge box of spring/summer clothes that her daughter has outgrown. This box was packed so darn tight that once I unpacked it, there was no way I could get all the clothes back in the box. One of the items was a very pretty party dress (with tags still attached because, let's face it, how often do we take our one-year olds to fancy parties or weddings?). I just knew I had to get that dress on my little one. There is just something about the way her little face lights up when we dress her in frilly clothes and when we add a headband thingy (the technical term, I'm sure) she is just beyond herself.

I figured I'd at least get a professional photo of her in the dress but then I remembered that we had our great-niece's 5th birthday party to attend. What could be better? I could dress her up AND show her off at the same time. SCORE!

Check out how absolutely adorable my baby is. While keeping in mind what she was wearing, picture this: Kelton was in jeans and a Big Dog baseball shirt. :) Yeah - no one else was dressed to the nines for the party but I don't care - Kaylen was simply adorable. :)




PS...Tracey, get ready girl...once Kaylen has outgrown all the things Sonya and Cristin have sent, they are on their was to you!! :) I just love our chain of handing down - what a great group of friends even though we span the entire US.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I agree...she's beautiful in that gorgeous dress! I too have been very blessed by all the wonderful clothes from Miss Cristin...what's so funny is that some of the clothes are repeats--that I loved the first time around--just in a larger size...I love gettin hand-me0downs, so does Brenna...we love to see the treasures from Miss Cristin's boxes...lol
as soon as number two arrives and we know for sure if it's a boy or girl, I'll be able to share these precious gifts as well...M

Margaret said...

so cool... :)

now i just need someone to send me boy stuff...lol

peace...

Caroline said...

She is so cute. You are so lucky to have people that send you the clothes their kids no longer wear. Kids clothes are expensive. We don't have any kids, but we buy for our nephews and I can't believe some of the prices for clothes that they will only wear for a few months.

Sonya said...

What a Princess indeed!

I'm so glad that you are able to use our clothes! Thank in advance for passing them onto Tracey!

Laura said...

She's a little angel, just gorgeous!!!!