Tuesday, January 12, 2016

My Girl


Kaylen has been running fevers for weeks and weeks now.  Truth is, we are probably looking at months and  months now.  She has missed a lot of days of school so far this year (like.....18) because well.....when she gets ready for school and then collapses into a heap of tears, mommy tends to send her back to bed,  Or when she arrives at my bedside in the wee hours of the morning complaining of feeling awful, I tend to have her turn off her alarm.

I don't know about you, but when I feel awful and am running a fever, out in the world is the last place I want to be and acting like I'm fine is waaaaaay below the last thing I want to do.

All winter break, she ran fevers.  She missed the first two days after winter break.

*****interrupted because I had to go get her from school.  *sigh* *****

Anyway, I took her to the doctor on the second missed day because my mommy gut is going crazy.  Low grade fevers on a continuous basis are the hallmark of some really bad things.  The doctor is the same one we were with last winter when she had funky stuff going on, too.  Not really fevers then but tons of tummy problems and pains.  (Maybe she is just allergic to winter and we should move to Hawaii to live with my sister.  :) )
The doctor ran urine and blood tests, both of which came back fine.  Which is great... BUT...then what is causing these temps?  My friend suggested it could be hormonal.  It is something to think about, that's for sure.

It's just frustrating.  I don't want to baby her but I don't want her at school feeling like crap either.

I just don't know.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Hoping you find some answers. I'm not to the top yet, but I hope this is not what the phone call was regarding.