Sunday, January 31, 2016

She Is Going To Be 11????



My baby girl is going to be 11 in 10 very quick days.  I have no idea how this has happened?  They said it would go fast but they never said *this* fast.  Those days of long ago when she was tiny, and loud, and into everything.  The nights of no sleep, the days of tears, silly grins and toothless smiles.  Those days are so far away and yet when I look at her, it feels like I can just reach back and grab it.  And yet....look at her.  So beautiful and so sure of who she is and yet.....complicated and unsure of this whole growing up thing.

She is amazing and wonderful and.....mine.  I created this magnificent person.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't find myself loving her more and more and more.

I sure hope I'm the mom she needs me to be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you're an amazing mom---& how is 11 possible already???

Shannon said...

It is hard to believe she's going to be 11! She seems like a great kid.