Monday, July 25, 2011

New Baby and Beach Trip

After what seemed like a very long wait, my new niece was born this morning. Madeleine Amelia McCafferty made her appearance into the world at 8:33am and there is one thing I know for sure; her parents and my entire family, will never be the same!

A new baby. A teeny tiny miracle.

I can't wait to see a picture of her. We will get up there to meet her in the not too distant future but for now, pictures will have to do. besides, giving new parents time to settle in is always a good thing. :)

Congratulations Cara and James!!!!!

I know the excitement of a new life coming into the world is hard to top so I won't even try. Instead, I will do an awkward segue into BEACH TRIP! :)

Stephanie, the kids and I are heading to the beach tomorrow for a much needed mini-vacation from life. I. Cannot. Wait. I woke up this morning like a kid on Christmas morning and I'm pretty sure Stephanie had a good laugh at....I mean with....no I don't. I mean at...me. I am so excited!!!

There is much to do between now and then...laundry, packing, cleaning up the house, etc. My time is cut shorter than I would like on a packing day (but that's ok) because Dakota is coming over to see the kids tonight since I will have them out of town on her regular nights.

Meanwhile...as I go about my chores, my head is filled with the thoughts of crashing waves, children's happily laughter as they dig in the sand and play in the waves. I'm dreaming of wandering aimlessly through the shops daydreaming of creating a home filled with beach motif (it's a dream I always dream when I at at the beach). My mouth waters at the thought of eating at The Pig-n-Pancake and devouring home made Divinity from my favorite place in Cannon Beach. Although, at this rate, I'll be needing to start dreaming of safe fat burners if I don't stop thinking about food and get back to the really important part: spending time with my favorite people.

Because really? More than train rides, shops and carousels what I really want from the next few days are memories of Stephanie's and my first vacation together. With kids. Because that's how we roll. I want to remember the sounds of their happy laughter as they play together on the beach, I want pictures so I can see their happy faces long into the dreary winter months.

Sure - the weather is hit and miss this week (who would have thought THAT for the last week in July?!?!) but I don't care. I'm looking forward to every single moment. Every. Single. One. Even the ones where someone will be crying because, as you know, when you have kids, there will be tears. But that's ok...it's all good!

All so very good.

No comments: