Monday, December 20, 2010

Jack the Elf

As you know from years gone by, Jack the Elf lives at our house from Thanksgiving to Christmas. He is like little hidden cameras (one of the best hidden cameras for the month of December) all over the place watching the kids and reporting back to Santa each and every night.

I'm not saying it's a perfect solution to the daily drama of childhood but it's a fun game to play. Jack hides in different places every day and does his own personal surveillance of their behavior and then goes to the North Pole every night to report to Santa. Kaylen asked if he had a tiny camera so that he could show Santa what they were doing. I had to say I didn't really know but maybe he does have a little nanny cam or something.

Yesterday when he kids came home, Kaylen stopped by to say hello to him. It was so cute. They wanted to know if he had moved over the weekend while they were gone. I said he did and that I think he was missing them.

Today, Santa's little spy is hiding on top of the entertainment center on the shoulder of a Santa decoration. I love when the kids spot him and yell out "I see him! I found Jack!"

Everyone should have an Elf on the Shelf in their house. It's such a fun tradition.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

That does sound like fun. I wonder if it would help with J's attitude :)