Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all of you out there who come by day after day to read what I write. As you know, 2010 wasn't the best of years for me so I am really pinning some serious hope that 2011 will be a kinder and gentler year for me with a generous mix of love, happiness, great health, friends, laughter, success and, of course, a rockin' awesome job that I will love and will pay well enough to keep things running at a good pace with room for extras (and will somehow compensate for the time the children will be in day care and not with me).

2010? You weren't so kind and gentle. You were harsh and unforgiving. You brought pain so deep in the past 12 months that I think it rivals the past 12 years. But, to be fair, you also brought to light the fact that I have some seriously amazing friends and even more amazing family. You taught me that I not only can be completely alone, I actually crave it. You showed me what things and treatment I absolutely will not put up with again and you showed me the good things I deserve and didn't have.

Oh yes. You broke my heart a few times. That goes without saying but in the end.....in the end I am still standing and to be quite honest, I had doubts several times along the year.

So here is to 2011. May the good outweigh the not good a million to one.

Enjoy the start to your New Year. The kids and I head north tomorrow morning and won't be back for a few days. So......as the kids like to say......

See You Next Year! :)

2 comments:

Audra said...

You definitely deserve a kinder and gentler 2011! I hope you get that and so much more this coming year

Tanya said...

You are a better person, and more in touch with yourself thanks to 2010. May you take that into the new year with confidence.