Monday, April 16, 2007

Wait for it......

You know that saying "Wait for it......wait for it....."? That pretty much sums up how all this is feeling right now. My mom actually got out of bed today and they got her dressed. Talk about a mental shift for me to make. All this back and forth and up and down is hard on a girl. She is not running a fever yet which would indicate the infection was causing problems but it is clear that things are starting to shut down. Today she kept falling asleep while people were visiting which she hadn't before done. She has been sleeping a lot but never falling asleep during a visit. This afternoon, when the kids and I were visiting, she laughed at a story I shared about Kelton and his "baby" (blanket). Other than that, she never spoke a word. The waiting is difficult and painful. Sleeping is not easy for me either and it sure doesn't help that Kaylen doesn't sleep well in general and rarely sleeps even her regular patterns when we are away from home. I'm tired.

And stressed.

This morning we took Dakota to the train station to head back home. Unfortunately, it took her all day to get home instead of the 3.5 hours it should have taken. Her train broke down so she and the other passengers were shuttled into Seattle to wait for the afternoon train. She found a coffee shop and set up shop for the hours she was waiting. By the time she got home, she decided to skip tonight's class and just study at home.

After we left Dakota this morning, the kids and I headed to a nearby park for some much needed "run and be kids" time. It was cold and gray but they didn't care. They played for about an hour and then we headed back to the hotel for lunch. We stayed in for a few hours and I did some laundry, Kaylen napped and Kelton vegged in front of tv for a few hours. They really needed some down time.

Then my brother James, Cara and my dad came by to visit and we went to The Rack with them to find my dad a pair of shoes. The store is literally right outside my window (well - across the small parking lot) so we all just walked over and walked back. Very exciting! :)

Then we headed over to visit my mom. After that James, Cara, the kids and I went to dinner. Then it was back to the hotel, bath and bed.

My mind is all muddled and very tired - I apologize if this is an incredibly boring posting. (and don't even get me started on proof reading...as you can probably tell, proofreading isn't high on my list of things to do. Sorry! :) ) I guss I'll end this rambling and let you get back to your lives. But before I go, here are some photos from the past few days: Kelton's birthday party with Dakota's family, some silly shots from dinner last night and then a few from the park today. Oh - and I think there are a few photos of the kids and Dakota playing in the "toy corner" of the room. Enjoy!

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments and support. I appreciate you very much!

11 comments:

Lynilu said...

Casey, I just want to remind you that I'm thinking of you often. I know this is hard; I've done it, too. My heart is with you. And I'm sending a smile, too. You need smiles. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! Looks like Kelton had a blast. How did he like his Game Boy? Was he thrilled!?!

I'm thinking of you and your family and wishing you all peace.

SassyFemme said...

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Sonya said...

Ellie & Spencer say Happy Birthday to Kelton. They are fixated by the pictures. Spencer thought Kaylen was Abby at first, but then he came around. He really wanted to watch more pictures of Kelton playing baseball. Ellie especially loved the music on your last video and thought these pictures should have music too. ;)

I'd leave Spencer's comments, but they were constant streams of "n".

Gandksmom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Casey said...

Wendy,
I wanted to let you know that I removed your comment so that your phone number wasn't just hanging out all over the internet. :) I wrote it down - thanks!

Casey said...

Lynilu: Thank you.

Cristin: Thanks - he did have a good time. And yep - the game boy was a huge hit! Though I admit that he isn't as attached to it as much as I thought he would be right now. I am hoping once we get back home and settled in again to our own life, he will play it more. Right now, he insists on taking it everywhere - he just doesn't play it.

Sassyfemme: Thank you.

Sonya: I think they should have music, too. :)

Jen said...

Hey

We have that same boat!! :-)

I admire your ability to put your thoughts into words. I usually shut down. Thinking of you.

J.

Monogram Queen said...

Wonderful photo montage Casey. You're in my thoughts. Happy Happy Birthy again Kelton!

Froggymama said...

Casey, great pictures. It looks like even with the stress, you are all still able to smile. And that's wonderful. We're thinking of you guys everyday. Take care.

Jojo said...

I would be a mess, and have been in the past facing the same situation. I admire your strength, to be a great daughter and mom in the face of everything.

Prayers for love and strength,
jojo