Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Photographs

My sister, brother and I are pulling together photos for a montage. This is the only photo I have of my mom and me from "the early years" and I have to say, it's kind of cool and kind of eerie how much Kaylen looks like me.



This was my second birthday which means my mom was 28 years old. This, of course means, this picture was taken 40 years ago. Wow.

I'm sure as my brother and sister start going through the family photo albums, I'll have a few more to share. My sister and I were reminiscing via IM tonight.....we really do have some amazing and fun memories from when we were kids. It's nice to be able to look back and remember things like that. Nice...and heartbreakingly sad at the same time.

I'm looking forward to working on the montage and being able to have a DVD full of memories to cherish. I still can't believe we're in this place in time though. Things feel very surreal.

*sigh*

8 comments:

Lynilu said...

Casey, keep putting one foot after the other. We are all right behind you, even if we are 1000 miles away.

And go check my blog. I posted a note about you and for you there!

Perrin said...

That is amazing how much she looks like you. What a sweet picture..you both look very joyful.

Monogram Queen said...

Wow she DOES look like you and you look like YOUR Mom! This is a wonderful thing, although bittersweet for you i'm sure.

Brenda said...

That is a a beautiful picture. Kaylen is a complete mirror image of you too. Take care.

Sonya said...

How wonderful that the family is truly coming together to work together through this tough time.

yankeegirl said...

Casey-
Enjoyed enormously your easter post and the picture of you and your mom. It is AMAZING how much your daughter looks like you did!I echo what others said about the time you spent with your Mom this weekend. I lost my Mom way too quickly- 12 days from diagnosis til she died. I'm glad you are trying to enjoy those moments while you still have them. You have a beautiful family and I enjoy your blog! ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

what a great pic, you and kaylen do look so alike. I'm glad you got to have such a good easter visit with your family

Shannon said...

Wow, she really does look like you! That's amazing.