Thursday, April 05, 2007

Packing...Again

I've packed this family up three times in as many weeks. Well - five times, so far, if you count packing up to come back home. I'm sick of packing. I'm sick of counting out underwear, diapers, socks, jeans, shirts, etc. I'm tired of gathering blankets, books, toys, snacks, DVD's and other "must have's". Pakcing is overwhelming when you are doing it for four people all by yourself. All while two little ones run around and try to drive you, and each other, crazy.

I had to laugh tonight when Kelton was telling Kaylen to do something that she clearly didn't want to do. She yells, at the top of her lungs, "LEAVE ME ALONE BRAHBRAH!" (that's how she says brother and it's all she ever really calls him even though she does know his name. I think it's sweet.) Oh my kids - they are willfull. Wonder where they get that from? :)

I guess I should finish compiling my list of "things still to pack" before I completely hit my wall tonight. Take care and have a good weekend!

PS...Happy Easter to all who celebrate! Here's a little something I posted last year that I thought I would share again:


Wish us luck as the Easter Bunny will need to find us in our hotel room this year. That ought to be interesting. :)

13 comments:

Sonya said...

Safe travels!!

I hope the Easter Bunny finds you without any hangups!

Kami said...

OMG. That cartoon is too funny.

Laura said...

Happy Easter!! I hope you have fun on your travels. :)

Perrin said...

I hope you enjoy Easter with your family. I finally started keeping a master packing list on the computer. Alsways a lot of work though.

Froggymama said...

Happy Easter. And I hear ya about packing. Ugh. Hope your weekend is smooth, relaxing and happy.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the packing thing. Sometimes the trip just doesn't seem worth it. All that stress of making sure you have everything. Yuck.

Well, Happy Easter to you, D and the kids.

Heidi

Holly said...

Happy Easter to you!
Travel safe.

hotomiky said...

Funny - I like that cartoon chocolate bunnies

Happy Easter!

Dee said...

Hey, where are you off to for Easter? Enjoy your time away!

Arlene said...

Why so much packing and unpacking? That would drive me crazy!

Brenda said...

Happy Easter Casey.

I hope your trip and visit went well.

Lynilu said...

Just a smile and a hug sent to you and your family, Casey. :)

Casey said...

Sonya: Thanks! The furry guy did indeed find us and the kids were beyond excited. Pretty funny. :)

Kami: I thought so too. :)

Laura: You know, we actually *did* have fun which was a really nice surprise.

Perrin: I keep thinking a master list would be a good idea. I had one pre-kids but never created one post-kids. Of course, that is when I could have used it the most.

FroggyMama: Thanks!

Heidi: Thanks - and Happy Easter to you too!

Holly: Thank you!

M&M&C: Thanks - I hope you had a great holiday too.

Dee: We went up to spend time with my mom (and the rest of my family).

Arlene: Comings and going will be a regular thing for us for a bit. My mom's health is failing and she lives 4 hours away. So - we go when we can.

Brenda: Thank you. We actually had a really great time up there. Lots of good memories...and pictures!

Lynilu: Thank you. :)