Monday, April 02, 2007

The Beach

It was a great weekend and I was no where near ready to come home yesterday. I think I could have easily stayed for an entire week. I put together a short (well, short for me) montage. It's under 5 minutes - just one song length long - so take a peek and enjoy.

The shot of the beach with the tall grass and driftwood is the view we had from the living room window. I swear I could have sat in the lazy boy chair by that window all weekend long. It was a breath-taking view. As you can tell, the kids loved the carousel and they rode it more than just a few times. Usually we are a "sleigh" riding family which means we sit in the sleigh bench only. Horses were a no-go...until this weekend! Kelton decided all on his own that it was time to ride the horses and ride they did! It brought happy tears to my eyes to see them riding so tall and so proud. My babies are growing up so quickly.

Enough ramblings from me about how great my life is so go on, click play and enjoy the show!

9 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow! You have some amazing pictures! I loved the one of you and Kelton at the beach with your hoods on. There was also a sweet picture of Kaylen with her back to the camera. She is looking at the water and there is a bird flying near-by. You have to scrapbook that one. Maybe even get a 5x7 of it and frame it for her room. It looks like a professional shot!

I'm glad to hear you had such a fun weekend!

Holly said...

What a wonderful beach trip - I love the muddied hands and big smiles!
Your life is wonderful!

Jojo said...

I envy you the time....Great pictures...looks like a beautiful trip!

jojo

Casey said...

Brenda: Thank you! :) That's a good idea of getting the one shot framed.

Holly: Yes it is!

JoJo: It was a really great trip. No doubt about it. Thanks for watching the montage.

SeasonalKat:
1. The kids seem to ALWAYS be dirty. I figure it's a rite of passage for childhood. :)
2. Ah thanks. It's hard to be IN pictures since I'm the one usually taking them but Dakota did really good this time and snapped a few keepers. :)
3 and 4. Yes, we really were all having a great time!
5. Nothing better than a happy family! :) :) :)

Dakota said...

I love it! Thank you for always preserving our memories.

Brenda's idea about the seagull picture with Kaylen is great!

Love you,
D

hotomiky said...

beautiful kids - seem you all had a wonderful time. is that seaside beach? We went there last summer. Kids love it there :o)

Casey said...

LSM aka: Dakota: You are welcome. I love doing it. :)

M&M&C: Yep! That was Seaside! So you must live around this area somewhere?

hotomiky said...

We are from Maryland. We came down to Washington state and stayed at Worldmark resort at Seaside, Oregon with grandparents as my partner, H grew up in Wa state all her life til she met me!

Stacey said...

looks like a great trip!!! beautiful pics.