Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I've Got Nothin'

I kept thinking that somewhere along the line today something inspirational would hit me that I could blog about. But nope. Nada. I seriously have nothing.

Oh wait. I just let one of our dogs outside and a big ol' mosquito eater flew in. Now the cats are on the kitchen table and the counter trying to get it. I guess *that's* something. As lame as it is.

And now dog #2 wants out.

Yep - that pretty much sums up things here. Boring.

The day was ok. A few meltdowns here and there. Some art time. Kelton and I played Toon Town for a bit which is really kind of cute. He wants me to play and he likes to watch and give "helpful suggestions" but since I'm at the control (per his wishes) he runs to take care of whatever Kaylen needs when she calls out. Today he did things like change the DVD (Barney, of course), find a doll she was looking for, helped her find a book, got her some water, etc. I think that's one of my favorite things about playing computer games with him - I love watching him, and listening to him, take care of his sister. Sweet stuff! It helps even out the times when he picks on her relentlessly just to get a rise out of her. Brothers. I remember those days well.

It was a warm day - 69 degrees at 4pm. Of course, earlier in the day I hadn't realized it was warm out because it had been overcast and we had been inside all day. A day without errands to run or places to be. Kelton is recovering from a cold-type bug so we've been laying low. I want everyone healthy (or as healthy as can be) when we go to visit my parents this weekend. The last thing my mom needs is the four of us showing up sick with colds.

I tossed the kids out into the yard after dinner and they had a pretty good time running around. Kelton tried to convince me it was warm enough to bring out the sprinkler but they happily settled for Popsicles instead. :)

So, all in all...a rather lackluster day in regards to fodder for blogging. Sorry guys. :)

Tomorrow I need to get everyone packed up for yet another weekend away from home. This will be the third weekend in a row that we've been gone. Next Saturday is Kelton's birthday. I'm in such denial about my baby turning five. FIVE. I remember when he was a teeny tiny baby in my arms and we talked about the day he would leave us to go to school. It seemed so, so, so far away. Like it could never possibly happen and yet - here we are. Months away from that day.

Time flies.

Someone once told me when I was pregnant with Kelton "The days are long but the years fly by." I didn't really understand it then but I sure do now. *sigh*

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

Ya know what? Sometimes it is good to have days full of nuttin'. Take what you can, girlfriend!!!

Casey said...

I'll take days like that. I love "nothing special" days because they are, in and of themselves, special. :) Just time with the kids and being able to slow down and enjoy stuff.