Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Weekend Plans

We're leaving tomorrow afternoon and heading up to the Seattle area to visit family and to have a joint birthday party for Kaylen, Kelton and their cousin, Mikayla. Instead of staying with my sister as we usually do, we've decided to turn it into a mini-vacation and stay at the Embassy Suites Hotel. I'm so excited!

We reserved a two-room suite. There's a pool and room service and yes, even an arcade for my arcade-lovin' son. We'll be just 5 miles from the house we used to own so we'll be in familiar stomping grounds and can go to all the places we never have time to go - including our all-time favorite cafe. We even decided to add an extra day just to allow ourselves more time. Time to see extended family and time to just be together as a family without all the stresses of our regular life. No pets to tend to, no cleaning that *has* to be done. No regular errands that we need to find time to run.....just fun. Relaxing and fun. That's what it's all about!


I'm really looking forward to our mini-vacation. Have a good weekend everyone!

PS...Next week remind me that I wanted to tell you about what I discovered in regards to sugar and my son. A little experimenting with his diet and presto! I've figured out some key things. Sugar + Boy = bouncing off the wall, not good behavior. Which I really should have clued into before now since it was crystal clear during my glucose tolerance test when I was pregnant that the child reacted to sugar. I swear, he didn't stop moving inside me for the rest of the day after that test. The same is true now.....give him some candy and the boy is out of control within 20-30 minutes. It's truly amazing (and yep, I did a few control studies to see. Each time it would yield the same results. Amazing.

It's not that I'm cutting sugar completely out of his diet but I am going to be more aware of it and what will happen with his behavior once it hits his system. And you know what? Putting this together has really empowered me - I don't have a child that is out of control just for the sake of being out of control. There seems to be a reason, a cause and a solution. Life looks so much better from this side of that bit of knowledge! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great and relaxing weekend!!

I totally hear you about the sugar thing! We have always tried to limit it, but around holidays it is out of control. I swear after Valentine's day Piper was like a crack addict begging for her next fix. This year the Easter bunny is bringing dvds and POlly Pockets ;)

One Boys Mom said...

Ah, the Cafe. They had the best stuffed pancakes!

Good find on the sugar thing...if only that were my son's problem.

Casey said...

M- I'm not saying it's all great over here but it's definitely WAY better!

Pam: I hear ya on the no candy for Easter. We'll probably do precious little and then a pretty decent little gift.

Cristin: wish you could come with us. That would be fun! Too bad you live across the country. :)

Sonya said...

Have a fantastic time!!!

How awesome that you've figured out how Kelton in particular reacts to sugar. This is definitely something you can work with.

Margaret said...

have a great time!!

peace...

Anonymous said...

Have fun! :)
Jennifer