Friday, March 24, 2006

Two Teeth In Twenty-Four Hours

Well no wonder the poor thing has been so cranky and miserable. Yesterday, she woke from her nap in the crankiest of moods. Her cry was one of pain so I checked her mouth to see if any teeth were coming through. All was smooth. But - since it was a pain cry, I decided to dose her with Tylenol anyway. (She has VERY distinctive cries. Kelton never did - they all sounded the same - but with Kaylen, I can tell exactly what the cries mean. It's really handy to have that type of information - makes helping or ignoring so much easier.)

Two hours later, she was still fussy so I check her gums again thinking there *must* be something happening in there and sure enough - her upper right incisor was poking through. Ah ha!

She is a slow teether...this was only her 6th tooth....so I naturally assumed the worst was over for a week or so. Nope - not the case. This morning I was playing with her and tipped up backwards and lo and behold what did I see?! Another tooth was poking through! She now has her four front top teeth and three lower front teeth. Wowsa!

Something tells me we might be on a roll with her teeth popping through. Stay tuned! :)

3 comments:

ReneƩ (aka Mama Hawk) said...

A few weeks ago, ALL of Jeremy's molars and cuspids popped through in one day. Yowsa! I hope Kaylen isn't too miserable :^(r

Kristen said...

Well, better to get them all at once than drag it out, I suppose. Seems easier to me.

Sonya said...

Isn't it so handy to have distinctive cries? The girls' did too. I'm not entirely decided with S.

Way to go on the teething!

Sonya