Thursday, December 15, 2005

Shameless Self Promotion

Today is my birthday. Yep - I'm the big Four-One which for you young'uns is OLD!! :)

I thought today was going to be just a regular day in my life since D is working and then she has her last final of the semester tonight. But nope. So far it's been a great day!

The prince had a restless night last night so D ended up sleeping in which meant she was here when I woke. WAAAHOO!!!!! She and the prince scampered out to put up all of our birthday decorations (a tradition for us) and then I was given the ok to come to the front of the house.

The prince so wanted to open gifts so we did (even though tradition states we open one or two in the morning and spread the rest throughout the day). Since D won't be home until after the kids are in bed tonight, it only made sense.

My gifts ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D put together an amazing computer slideshow of our family from the time the prince was born until last week and I have to say, it was THE best gift ever!! The music is amazing, too, and D and I were crying looking at photos of our tiny babies and how they have changed over the months and years.

She also gave me PhotoShop Elements (which I really, really wanted!), page protectors for the pages I will be scrapbooking with my new program, a binder to put said pages in and the cable needed to connect the color printer we've had sitting in our bedroom, unused, for a year. (Little did I know that the printer that came with our camera is a standard color printer and not just for photos. Don't laugh - when you have kids, reading paperwork and manuals is a luxury few can afford in the early years.) She also gave me the first season of the O.C. which I have never, ever seen. Don't ask - I don't know but I'm sure it will be entertaining. :)

Being the wonderful partner that she is, D set up the printer for me before she headed off to work. I just love that woman!! :)

In a little bit, the kids and I will be heading over to Shawna's house for a play date. It's actually a play date for the moms but we pretend it's for the kids. :) I'm excited - lots of coffee and fun conversation. Sounds like a great way to spend my birthday. :)

10 comments:

em1__mak2 said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!! Have immense amounts of fun on your birthday playdate.

Anonymous said...

Casey,
Wishing you a VERY happy birthday! Glad you are having such a great day, you deserve it :)
Jennifer

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday Casey! I am so glad you are having a nice day. And what wonderful gifts D gave you. Where did she ever get the time to put the slide show together?

Rainbow Momma said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! Sounds like it's shaping up to be a great day! Enjoy!

Caroline said...

Hope you are having (or had) a wonderful b-day. Sounds like it got off to a great start. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Kristen said...

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear Caseeeey,
Happy birthday to youuuuuu!

Kristen said...

Dang, I didn't realize that Cristin had already sung happy birthday to you. Oh well. Now two Kristen's sang to you (even if they spell their names differently)

Laura said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And what great gifts from D. I hope the rest of your day has been fabulous.

Sonya said...

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Casey. Happy Birthday to you!

Sounds like you had a fantastic birthday.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Happy Birthday!

Those gifts are awesome!