Monday, December 12, 2005

A New Skill and Some New Photos

Oh Shawna - you are going to be so proud of me! I figured out how to change color pictures to black and white. Now I know all you smarty pants out there trying hard not to laugh at me but since I've become a mom, I have really let my computer skills go downhill. You know - the whole "use it or lose it" thing and add to it how quickly technology changes and well...I'm hopelessly behind the times.

Case in point: I've had my digital camera for a year this month and I just discovered that it has a timer. Go figure. So we've been having fun with that too!

So here you go.....photos to entertain you. (And yes...I could hear that collective groan...but seriously, a mom has to show off pictures or she will have her mom license revoked. No, really. It's true. Ask any mom. :) )

The Black and White Experience:

**please note: black and white AND the timer. I'm so cool! :)







And The Timer Experience:



Wonder Boy Photo:


And The One the Wonder Boy Took:


Cristin - this is for you:

9 comments:

Casey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Casey said...

Cristin,
Thanks! No...I didn't take the one of her reading. That was taken at Penney's...but I *did* change it to b&w. :) My mom bought the dress and gave it to me for Christmas last year so that it could be this years holiday dress. But I have to say, dresses are so hard for the crawling girl. She keeps getting tangled in them.

I'll post the color one for you to see.

Laura said...

I love the B&W pictures!!!!!!!!

Denise said...

The b&w photos are gorgeous. There is something just really elegant about b&w photography...often good pictures suddenly seem like "great" pictures. Love the one of the four of you...WTG on b&w and using the timer!

Casey said...

East Coast? Nope - you must be thinking of someone else. I'm Pacfic NW born and bred.

My mom lives 4 hours north of us. We used to live in the same area until we moved south after the prince was born.

Sonya said...

Awesome pics. I'm sure I could change pics to b&w if I needed to... but I haven't played with photoshop in a long time. Instead I get a hair every once and a while to change the setting on the camera to take it in b&w.

Kristen said...

Beautiful! We love the black and white function on the camera and photo editor. The pics look classic in black and white

em1__mak2 said...

These pictures are gorgeous. You have been BUSY!

Regarding your comment on the crawling girl's dress tangle -- this is actually how a friend of mine got her daughter to start walking. She only put dresses on her and her daughter got so frustrated by not being able to crawl, that she won the battle by walking instead.

Casey said...

Mel -
I'm SO not ready for her to walk yet. Oh my! Not like she can't get into all sorts of trouble crawling (which she can and does) but walking jus tmakes her seem so grown up...and she's only 10 months! I think I'll keep pushing her down every time she tries to walk.

JUST KIDDING!!!! (sorta....) :)