Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Tuesday Morning

It's 6:47am. I've been up since 4:15. So many thoughts rattling around in my head that sleep was hard won last night. Mostly good thoughts though so that's ok.

Today is day two of the book fair and, as it looms ahead, I've received a few emails from volunteers who need to cancel. I wish I had the volunteer schedule here so I could stop wondering about how it affects the schedule (and prepare myself for the onslaught of crazy!). We open the cash registers at 7:45 and I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I will be in a sweat by 8am as I work hard to ring up sales and answer questions. It's a quick, but long, 45 minutes from the first person to walk in to the ringing of the bell to signal the beginning of the school day. The rest of the day will go in fits and starts as classes come through and recess and lunchtimes factor into the schedule.

I'm excited and exhausted just thinking about the day.

Tomorrow is Loved Ones Morning which is a family event. An absolutely CRAZY hour in which we will most likely pull in an entire days worth of revenue. Thursday is the big evening event and then Friday we wrap up.

And the weather for the entire week? Pouring rain. All day. All week. That means wet children, wet money, wet everything. The school grounds has very poor drainage which just increased the "soak-a-tude" factor. Fun! :)

I'm hoping for a peaceful and highly enjoyable evening to offset the craziness of the day. It's the goal I have my eye on and one I hope the heavens smile favorably upon so I can have it.

Enjoy the day!

1 comment:

sally said...

Casey, the world needs more volunteers like you! Thanks for all you did and do to make this a success. And a book in a child's hands is your reward! Sleep well!
Sally

http://sallysramble.blogspot.com/